Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Tip: Hazard lights work, turn signals don't

Thank you!!! Saved me money and time!
  2. J

2002 Sport Trac Humming Sound From Front Wheel

Front Bearings I have 97K on my 2004 Sport Trac and it started to get a humming sound on the drivers side front that got louder and louder with speed. I jacked it up on both sides and the drivers side definitely did not spin as freely as the passenger side. After reading some of the excellent...
  3. J

2004 xlt PO193 code - bad fuel pressure sensor?

2004 Sport Trac PO 193 I have the 6 Cyl 4.0 SOC ..... I recently had that code with an intermittent stumble that would light the CEL. I changed the fuel filter (it was pretty dirty) but still had the problem. I ended up buying the driver's side sensor from Rock Auto (1/2 the price of he local...
  4. J

How to: Pull trouble codes on 4WABS, very simple

Drivers side - look for an upright flat box with a big connector. There's a screw in the center of the connector and once that's loose it's easy to replace the ECU - Bolts at the top and a pin fastener at the bottom that just comes loose when you pull up.
  5. J

ABS Light on Also - make sure you use electrical cleaner on the ECU connector when you remove - lots of mysterious liquid (capacitor fluid?) on the connector. Maybe it explains all the failures ....
  6. J

ABS Light On I Had a ton of error codes - 11 - ECU Failure x 16 - System OK 17 - Reference Voltage x 22 - Front Left Inlet Valve 23 - Front Left Outlet Valve 24 - Front Right Inlet Valve 25 - Front Right Outlet Valve# 26 - Rear Axle Inlet Valve 27 -...
  7. J

ABS Bleed Thread Good link to ABS bleed instructions without the Ford tools ... haven't tried it yet but here is the link: http://www.shoforum.com/showthread.php?t=109034
  8. J

_________ _ / +a +b \_ | +c +d +e +f | ----------------
  9. J

1993 Explorer Eddie Bauer

So the "Alice" project is coming along. Many thanks to all the posts - saved me a TON of money -- and I will repay with a few posts as I work through the restoration. New fluids, Filters, door hinge pins, plugs, shocks, belt etc - the power mirror switch post and door posts were very helpful...
  10. J

1993 Explorer Eddie Bauer

Great site - lot of great info!!! Love Blue!!!!! I have a 93 Eddie Bauer (just bought - love at first sight) that has been rear ended and has pushed up the rear door and broken the hinges. Questions: It doesn't seem like there was frame damage, seems minor impact but how should I check and...
Back