Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Rear-end Q's, Help needed!

Hello all, looking for some information. Recently brought my 03 mounty into the shop, and was told it at a minimum requires a new bearing and spindle (rear). Now I tried to extract some cost information for the procedure but the mechanic was unable to provide one without a) knowing how much the...
  2. R

98 4.0 Sport, shifting in and out of overdrive/5th

I do believe this is more of a transmission/converter, possibly even computer issue, than it is related to the engine. Maybe a solenoid in the transmission? However, I'm not an expert in the least.
  3. R

Scenario: 50mph letting off the gas completely, rpm's shoot up (as if it downshifts) and will continue to hold the higher rpm until enough throttle is applied to trigger a downshift and then will shift again into high gear, rpm's will then drop to 'normal' for current speed. Also Rich, the OD...
  4. R

Thanks for the response Rich! The tires are oversized (265/70/16) but I don't believe there is a huge difference between the new tires tread and the "older" ones. The transmission shifts ok. There is also apparently a correlation with the OD issue and going down hills and the amount of throttle...
  5. R

Posted a response in a different section but it probably belongs here. Currently on my 98 sport (4wd/ControlTrac) the OD is engaging then quickly disengaging at highway speeds (around 60mph is when it will start presenting itself.) I believe the "speed mismatch" is what is causing my issues...
  6. R

98 sport

Hello! new to posting on the forum, however i've referenced it a few times tracking down specific issues :thumbsup:
  7. R

Overdrive Problem

Time traveling here..I have the same problem as OP did, currently on my 98 sport (4wd/ControlTrac) and I believe the "speed mismatch" is what is causing my issues with the OD engaging then quickly disengaging at highway speeds (around 60mph is when it will start presenting itself.) I recently...
Back