Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

100,000 Mile Club

'93 XLT @ 113,000 I got scared. Leaks; manifold & water pump clanks rear end (u-joint, yoke?). Put in an aux. trans cooler don't know if it helped or not. Other than those minor signs of wear, No problems. But I traded it for an '01 Edge 4.0, 4 door, 4wd w/ 7K so now it looks like I gotta...
  2. P

Trans Question

Vaccum Leak Transmission City "500" Cathedrial City (Palm Springs area CA) Vaccum leak just off the trans. Deteriorated, heat and age. Replaced the hose, works perfect.......No Charge. So, I felt sorry for them and had the trans serviced, oil changed and added a trans cooler. (94k and...
  3. P

Trans Question

Wrong Shift Points Popped once/twice the first time I tried to start my '93 w/ auto. trans. this morning. Again, popped once/twice on second try. Third try she started. Now, under normal acceleration she won't shift into second until I step on it and get up to 42 hundred on the tach...
  4. P

Motor hesitates, and then pops

Wrong Shift Points Popped once/twice the first time I tried to start my '93 w/ auto. trans. Again, popped once/twice on second try. Third try she started. Now, under normal acceleration she won't shift into second until I step on it and get up to 42 hundred on the tach. And then upshifts...
  5. P

Arizona Cinders Run & BBQ @ Rick's House

Still The Best Website on the Internet Rick, That photo on page one is beautiful. One day I'll be able to see it in person. To everyone; Enjoy your "Serious Exploration" Pete
  6. P

Back To Truckhaven! - TDS Desert Safari March 3&4

Next to Last Uodate Transparent (light thin) overcast , will burn off. No wind. (most likely no dust) Conditions.....Drying. 9:30 AM ETA 12:00 noon, Just to help Rick stake out property for some later arrivals.
  7. P

Weather: Currently Perfect Warm, sunny, blue skies. zero overcast. Visibility: as far, as I can see......, unlimited. 4:30 PM DST
  8. P

Weather It's clearing, bring sun-glasses. Medium ceiling over the mountains. 50-60% Blue Sky 20 miles north of the Salton Sea (Indo, La Quinta). Drying, finally! 10:30 AM Desert Standard Time
  9. P

Weather Just a convient reminder;http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Borrego_Springs/KTRM.html Well I gave up on the breakfast-in-bed business. This time I'm gonna sell warm- Dry boots and socks for those who forgot to bring that extra pair. And I'm bringing a complete set of box wrenches to...
  10. P

The Price Of Admission Ranger X, I'm under the impression that there is no "general admission" price? In other words, will I be able to get in and check out the vendors and vehicles free of charge? If it is true, I'll be there in a ' White Explorer'. ( My medical condition has not yet...
  11. P

Return from Truckhaven 2001

Eyes, Ears ,Nose and Throat Even for the short time I was there, it was "nice not having all the dust"..... Thanks Brian K., for the evening ride and the tips and conversation. And Char, once that campfire discussion group started picking up speed, you seemed to be in pretty good spirits...
  12. P

Truckhaven 2001!!

Extra Blanket If you don't have work gloves,warm gloves, heavy sweater and hat/hats on your equipment check list, at least stuff them somewhere in that overloaded Explorer. I know it sounds like a personal problem but, I AM COLD ! (Can't believe I spent two full years in the Colorado...
  13. P

Truckhaven 2001!!

No Rain The rain stopped just before noon and the sun came out about 3:30 PM. It looks like "that" weather front has passed. Partly cloudy and chilly here in Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage. Things have dried up and soaked in a bit. As far as tomorrow goes, we'll see! Can't stay long but might...
  14. P

Truckhaven 2001!!

No Cats, Dogs or Buckets Steady drip/drizzle, high overcast, good visibility. Try.........http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Borrego_Springs/KTRM.html
  15. P

Truckhaven 2001!!

Waffels or Pancakes I was considering going out early (Thurs) just to set up the "Room Service" booth to serve "Breakfast In Bed" for those who have a hard time getting up and making their own. And please, remember to put your order in the night before so I can get the eggs done just the way...
  16. P

Truckhaven 2001!!

Doesn't Look Like Rain (today) As of 2:30 pm today; Wed. Jan. 10 it's sunny warm no clouds but with a moderate haze. Visibility is probably 15 miles plus. The weather service is predicting a storm in the next couple of days. Details (619-289-1212)San Diego Weather Service In Indio on...
  17. P

Truckhaven 2001!!

Restaurant Mail Rick, I don't know weather you've recieved my e-mail about restaurants.(still a lot of "operator error"" on this terminal) My sister told me of a Chinese Buffet and she should be calling me back this afternoon or this evening with a couple more options. Otherwise, the...
  18. P

Truckhaven 2001!!

Re: Raining! Raining in T-Haven ? We got some very light drops this side of the valley around noon. (one swipe of the wipers was it) Maybe "it" will just blow on into Mexico. Otherwise, bring an extra roll of paper towels. Pete
  19. P

Truckhaven 2001!!

Indian Winter Peter Weber, Your story/joke seems appropriate, very good!
  20. P

New Years at Truckhaven??

December 28 2000 Truckhaven! Tomorrow?
  21. P

Whats the worst possible outcome of changing oil?

Save 7 seconds and spend a fortune The only people that don't have to wear safety glasses are ones under 21 (cause they think, just as we thought) nothing can happen to me! And people in a hurry cause they don't understand the phrase "saftey FIRST". Otherwise.... remember the leather gloves...
  22. P

Truckhaven 2001!!

Arizona ? I have searched every map I can find, I can find Dana Point,Miramar,Oakland,Truckhaven,San Diego and Texas but I can't seem to find Arizona. Where in the heck is Arizona? Someone told me it's just outside of Seattle. That can't be right. Aren't they the guys without day-light savings...
  23. P

Report From Pre-Truckhaven

Just Passin Through Hey,Debby,Ray, It was great to meet you guys face to face. I'm looking forward to the pleasure of extending our greetings to some quality conversation time. I've penciled in Jan.13-14, 2000, T-Haven I hope that works for you. And I'd like to find out if there really is a...
  24. P

Pre-T-Haven

Ripely's Believe It or Not O.K...... I went to Truckhaven three times in the last week, and I was told of this "Great Pumpkin", believe me I waited, but I think it's a big Myth, you guys are just putting me on, there is no "Rick" or "Pumpkin" and I'll be back in January just to see. ( I'm...
Back