Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Fluctuating Water Temperature

I'm having the same problem in my 92. Changed the engine a year ago, ever since the guage has been rising and falling. No change in heat output though. Everything's new. Radiator, t-stat, water pump, fan clutch. Not loosing any coolant. Everyone I talk to is totally at a loss...
  2. M

Dome light won't work

The buttons are intack, and functioning.
  3. M

Dome light won't work

Ok, it's not a major problem, just an annoyance. My 92 Explorer dome light won't come on whe the doors are open. The "key left in" chime doesn't work either. I can manually turn the light on with the headlight switch, and if I leave the lights on with the key in, the chime works. I replaced...
  4. M

Engine/tranny gap

Just replaced my 92 Explorer 4.0 with an rebuilt 4.0. There is a gap at the top of the block/tranny. The spacer plate "legs" seem to be the problem. Is this normal? The spacer plate only goes on one way, and it centers with the alignment pegs.
  5. M

Replacing 4.0, what pan to trans spacer?

I'm ready to install my new 4.0 in my 92 explorer with 5speed manual tranny. The haynes manual say there's two spacers between the engine oil pan and the transmission. I didn't see any when I disassembled it. Any ideas?
Back