Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

Any update on this? Did you end up ordering/installing?
  2. 1

LED headlight out / failure

My neighbor has a new '16, their LED headlamp was out by the time they got it home, also had to have the assembly replaced.
  3. 1

Optima Batteries

Sorry I missed this thread, I put an Optima Yellowtop 34/78DT in my 2013 Sport w/ no fitment issues, you may need to use the included bracket to sit the battery on to lift it an inch, the cables will be easier to get on and off, but I put it on the stock tray w/out any problem.
  4. 1

Suspension disconnect, a little surprising

You say no lights come on, but did you try disabling sway control using the left cluster screen, also try disabling traction control as well? I'm curious if one or both of these is causing the feeling you get
  5. 1

Wooden Interior Deleted Thread

Why was this thread by autoworksrussia deleted? It had great pictures of customized explorer interiors.
  6. 1

Sway control works regardless if lighting is connected, also I'm pretty sure the lighting receptacle is a one-way electrical connection.
  7. 1

I believe this feature is standard on all models of the explorer. Even if you don't have towing package. My 2011 XLT w/out tow had it if I recall. It is active until you turn it off, it has no way of knowing a trailer is connected, it detects yaw and sway and reacts. The OP said he jerked...
  8. 1

This sounds like the Trailer Sway control kicking in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69VLFE-AXJY
  9. 1

I Sync Card

The cards are just updated maps, they don't have anything to do w/ the actual system. Based on your original post, I assume this is what you are asking. My Ford Touch updates are free and can be downloaded from your Ford account online or installed by your dealer during your service. If...
  10. 1

Wallpaper Upload Issue

Site that you used then? Something we can look at it to determine what your issue might be?
  11. 1

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

I can help you downgrade, I would recommend going to 3.7.11, I find it to be stable. PM me
  12. 1

Why Won't Ford do This....?

I'm still holding out hope for a Bronco return on the Raptor platform . . .
  13. 1

Auto headlights on in daylight

fyrfyter612, if you PM me your VIN I can check and see if your build has running lights enabled from factory. If so this would explain your headlights on. But if they are enabled then you would also see them on while you have your lights in the off position and the car is in drive.
  14. 1

Chevy's typically have running lights which are sometimes smaller lights next to the headlights, or dimmed headlights. Explorers can have running lights enabled too, but for North America they are disabled by default. If you have HID's the running lights are the front turn signals, if you...
  15. 1

This can be caused by either an obstruction on the window or dash blocking the sensor, or a dirty window, or a faulty sensor. I would wash the windshield directly over and in front of the sensor (center dash) on both inside and out with an alcohol cleaner (windex works). If you still have...
  16. 1

2014 Limited, battery failure

The motorcraft batteries in the Explorer's are horrible. I have 40k and mine has boiled over, I need to replace soon (corrosion everywhere). I recommend an optima yellow top, with the amount of electronics in the car I can't see putting anything else in it. They are also gel cells and don't...
  17. 1

Wallpaper Upload Issue

can you create the file on your windows machine, and upload it to a sharing service and paste the link here so we can examine the file? Also what software are you using (on both the windows and mac machines) to create/resize the image?
  18. 1

True 4wd? Or awd?

I know this was a post from December, but the recent bump on the thread brought it to my screen. This is kind of a misnomer.. the Explorer will not crawl rubicon more so because of clearance and stock tires than because it doesn't have a locking differential. In sand mode power is applied to...
  19. 1

This isn't the same scenario, I'm using a different bt device for audio. My scenario is one device for phone and a different device for audio. In this case it will always try to connect to the same device for both. If you have 2 iPhones handy, try connecting one as phone and the other as...
  20. 1

Rebecca, is there any word on if the problem with the car not connecting to the last bluetooth audio source when the car is started (always tries to connect to the default bluetooth source instead) in 3.8 has been acknowledged, and/or is on the list to be fixed? Method to reproduce: Pair...
  21. 1

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

Once this has been perfected on the various years I assume it will be a 1500-2500$ cost. While outrageous for a stereo swap, if the only thing you hate about the vehicle (as I do) is MFT, then it's far less work and money than trading in and starting over. I like the 2015 body style better...
  22. 1

MFT 3.8 bug and downgrade to 3.7.11

I've updated the original post with instructions for downgrading from 3.8 to 3.7.11 on US (north america) vehicles only. If you are unable to find the download file for 3.7.11 PM me and I can provide you with a modified installation zip that you can just copy to your USB and run.
  23. 1

Nope, iPad and phone are stock 9.2, I have development devices that I run the betas on for testing, but my every days are stock. On top of that downgrading MFT solved the issue and brought the expected behavior back, so I'm 100% positive it's a bug in MFT 3.8
  24. 1

Ok, I will update again, and then test the process and write up instructions to post this weekend. This will require the original 3.7 update from Ford.
  25. 1

And 3.7.11 installed and worked fine on all 2011+ models, it was only released to 2014+ because the majority of the changes only related to 2014+ models... I can also downgrade from 3.8 to 3.7.11 to 3.6.2 if the user is really worried about that.
Back