Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Remote start issues

This started happening on my wife's 2013 Ford Explorer Limited...so far can't figure out the issue at all. Sucks the vehicle is out of warranty...this vehicle has been an ongoing issue the minute it hit 3 years old.
  2. K

No Key Detected

Hi All, Own a 2013 Ford Explorer LTD (bought in 2012) that has approximately 43,000 kms. Periodically, when I go to push button start the vehicle it says "no key detected" even though it is in my pocket/wife's purse/cup holders. So I click "OK" then try to start again and nothing happens. The...
  3. K

AC Gone again- help?

The A/C in my wife's '13 Limited doesn't blow cold air and smells like burnt plastic....am I in for a similar repair cost of $1,600?
  4. K

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Rebecca, I updated my SYNC awhile ago to the newest version, however forgot to "confirm" on the sync website...now I get letters/emails from Ford saying that there is an update available. Is there a way to confirm my update without the USB? Cheers! Matt
  5. K

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Just put my winter tires back on the Explorer after the summer without them. I have 17" Blizzak DM-V1's...by far the best winter tire I have ever used. Bought them in 2012 from Costco for 901.xx taxes in and mounted (already had the rims). My other vehicle (2007 Civic) has X-Ice3's and I...
  6. K

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I have Huskey Liners in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd row and under the 3rd row seating. I have a Weathertech cargo liner. Both are excellent and provide great protection here in Northern Ontario against our harsh winters!
  7. K

Finally updated on Friday while driving to Costco with the wife! Everything went well and finally able to get my iPhone5 and text messages syncing! Didn't play with it much but seems good. I was in the same boat as many people here where the download was stuck at 38% forever!
  8. K

That's weird Peter....I was able to download it last week...although I haven't installed it yet as my wife was too nervous driving 3 hours and letting it update on her own as she would get lost if the GPS failed.
  9. K

Warranty claim after coverage (only just) expired?!

Interesting, on my bill of sale it states my warranty expires at 60,115kms as it had 115km when I picked it up. Perhaps something to look into.
  10. K

Fuel Pump Module Recall Success x 2

When I talked to the dealership, they informed me they wouldn't be getting the parts in until September :(
  11. K

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

I got a call Friday Night from Sirius and they offered the following: 1 Year for $149.99+taxes and fees - I said no 1 Year for $99.95+taxes and fees - I said no $5.99 per month for 3 months - I said no $3.99 per month for 3 months - I said no Finally the girl is like I'll give you...
  12. K

Ford Employee Pricing - No other Discounts, Non-Negotiable

When I bought my 2013 Explorer last year I got Employee Pricing, further discount and even used Costco. Your dealer is full of crap. Where are you located in Ontario? I can refer you to the guy that sold me my truck.
  13. K

Google maps to sync

Is this the app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jvanier.android.sendtocar&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5qdmFuaWVyLmFuZHJvaWQuc2VuZHRvY2FyIl0.
  14. K

2011 FORD EXPLORER LED Lights from carid?

I was looking at these...until I found out they wanted ~$150 to ship to Canada...shipping was worth more than the purchase price! They seem good...don't know anyone who has personally used them thought.
  15. K

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

Could you post a pictue? Or send me one?
  16. K

orange spots all over

Thanks for the links Peter! Much appreciated it.
  17. K

I was thinking of getting the Black on Black DeeZee running boards...anyone have them? How do they work with the Black Plastic Door Panel at the bottom of our Ex? I read from an earlier thread that they don't really match that well. Has this been resolved? Hard to tell in many pics.
  18. K

orange spots all over

Well...it finally got around to cleaning the Explorer - 3 Car washes - 2 clay bars - 1 wax Finally done...all in all ~14 hours over the weekend...but it is in showroom condition! I'll post some pictures later tonight. Question...I noticed those "orange spots" are all over the plastic...
  19. K

Any idea the best place to buy DeeZee's that ship to Canada?
  20. K

Cannot believe this!!!!!

I had a horrible buying experience from a dealership where they raise the price of the vehicle 3K after I already signed the paperwork (factory ordered), then told me to "call my lawyer" if I didn't like what they said. I wondering if someone at Ford can get in touch with me (Crystal/Rebecca)...
  21. K

Ah, text messages come and go....

I still can't get my Galaxy S3 running 4.1.2 to do the Messages...has anyone do this and what are the steps/way to get it going 100%?
  22. K

Did you call your CC Company and get them to reverse the charge?
  23. K

I just called Sirius to renew my subscription. The lady said $15.99/month...I told her I wasn't willing to pay for than $5/month. She went to talk to her manager and offered me 5 months for $20+HST+MusicFee...came to $27.XX after everything. Worth it to me as we are going on a trip tomorrow.
  24. K

Replacement Door Sill plates?

I hear you...My Sill Plates are scratched to crap after one CANADIAN WINTER....oh well...life goes on.
  25. K

Car washing stick recomendations

I use a small Step Ladder
Back