Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Help with fuel pump diagnosis

I recently had a fuel pump problem with very similar symptoms. Mine is a 2000 V6 OHV so I am sure there is considerable difference however through this site I started the following steps because they were cheap and pretty easy. 1. Remove the MAF sensor and clean it with the appropriate...
  2. C

Engine stall once gas gauge dips below quarter tank?

Hello again I have a 00' xlt that has been giving me trouble once i get to a quarter tank of gas. about 3 months ago i had the fuel pump, spark plugs, and fuel filter replaced because i was running lean and the car wouldnt start. I also cleaned the MAF, IAC valve, and crankshaft position...
  3. C

PATS/aftermarket alarm system question when installing new cd player - 00' xlt 4dr

right on blueka im gonna give it a shot today thanks for your input :salute:
  4. C

PATS/aftermarket alarm system question when installing new cd player - 00' xlt 4dr

Hello fellow explorers - I dont know if im being overly cautious with this but i dont want/cant afford to screw something up. Here it is: I want to install just a new aftermarket HU nothing special on my used 00' explorer xlt. It was a GSA auction vehicle that was used by the government so...
  5. C

Eddie Bauer Rough Idling

Crankshaft position sensor You should check the crankshaft position sensor and disconnect and reconnect the contacts and clean it with some electronic/contact cleaner. I had a rough idle and I saw on a thread here to check that and it worked like a charm.
  6. C

How to: Ford Explorer Engine No Start Procedure

I must have been mistaken on my last post because my theft light is fine it does not blink repeatedly, so I think my PATS is ok. Alright so I checked the main intake hose and replaced the air filter (was a little dirty, not too bad though), removed the MAF sensor and cleaned it again and the...
  7. C

How to: Ford Explorer Engine No Start Procedure

I have a 2000 explorer xlt 4.0 v6 OHV that is having a rough start, high idle, decreased performance and has check engine light on with codes P0101 and P0174. It wont turn over until cranking it 3 or 4 times and sometimes (more often than not) I have to feather the gas pedal to get it to turn...
Back