Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

P0340 Help

Ok so i may have figured out where the P0340 is coming from. When I bought the ex, i bought it from my brothers girlfriends little sister, and when u bought it she had lost the keys, and with it having PATS i had no way to start it. So i swapped out the computer and all PATS modules with ones i...
  2. S

P0340 Help

Have a 1999 Ex with the 5.0. It had a P0340 code, so i replaced the alternator and replaced the camshaft synchronizer with a Motorcraft unit. It runs good, drives ok (transmission is going out, no plan on fixing it as i am scrapping it). All seemed to be ok, but the P0340 is back. I am getting...
  3. S

5.0 Camshaft Synchronizers

Got the synchronizer in and it started right up, drove it around the block a couple times and no check engine light. When i put it in, it was slighty off from where i marked it, but it seems to run ok. Thanks for all the info guys, Side note. I bought a new Duralast Gold Synchronizer to use the...
  4. S

Got the motorcraft one in, picked up the cheapest one from autozone to get the tool. Put the engine to TDC on the compression stroke using the "0" on the harmonic balancer to set it. With the timing pointed pointing at "0", the tool would not fit on the old synchronizer. I had to rotate the...
  5. S

Thanks guys, looks like I will be returning the Cardone one and ordering a Motorcraft one. Is there any reason to buy a new sensor for the top of it? Do they go bad often? I have two of them, one that is one there and another i snagged at the junkyard. Also, other than the synchronizer and...
  6. S

I have a 1999 Ex with a 5.0 in it, and i am using the engine, wiring and fuel system for a project. Before I begin tearing the truck apart, I want to get it running at its best. Currently it is throwing a P0340 code. I have done some research and it points to the camshaft synchronizer, and...
  7. S

Alternators

I need a new alternator for my 1999 Ex with the 5.0. As far as i can tell, the 5.0 and the SOHC 4.0 use the same alternator, is this the case? My question is, will a SOHC alternator from a 3rd gen, lets say a 2002 work on my 5.0?
  8. S

Camshaft Position Sensor replacement--a bit of discussion

Thought i would revive this thread instead of starting a new one. Looking into replacing the syncronizer in my 1999, and when ordering one, they list ones with a "step on plug" and ones with out. What does this mean? Which one would i need? Thanks in advance
  9. S

BW 4406 Output Shaft - Help!

Is this what I need? http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-97-98-Ford-F150-F250-Trans-Speedometer-Drive-Gear-F7TZ-17285-AA-/321013840742?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4abdea7b66
  10. S

BW 4406 Output Shaft - Help!

Can you post the part number for the speedo gear? Thanks
  11. S

Parting out 97 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD with Gray leather interior

Do you have the engine plates that look like these
Back