Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Ford Explorer 2002 fuel pump replacement

I thank you for this. I went through this on my '94 v6, don't remember it being so involved. been a while i guess. I have to do the same with my 2002 v8 and am not looking forward to it. just need to figure out whether i need to replace whole assemply or just pump. seems to be losing pressure as...
  2. V

2002 V8 4.6L hard to start.

Thanks for that. I had read through that once on my iphone and missed some of it. I still have questions though. Plan on doing test as soon as i find a guage. On another thread I saw that my '02 has the regulator on the pump assembly. Trying to figure out whether low reading points to fuel pump...
  3. V

2002 V8 4.6L hard to start.

Greetings, My 4.6l xlt is having slow starts. First Crank I get nothing, 2nd it tries after 4-5 seconds, third it fires up with some pumping. If I cycle ignition switch to on with out cranking3-4 times four 4-5 second and then crank it fires up like new. Changed fuel filter which did not...
  4. V

P0305 Misfire on Cylinder #5

i'm having similar issuer on 5. Replaced coil with a BWD (second time actually) coil from advance and it did nopt come with dielectric grease which other coils I've purchased have. It was fine for about two weeks then started to misfire horribly again. I pulled it and reseated, ran fine for...
  5. V

How to: How To: Replace Multifunction Switch

wish i had bought a new swithc first time I did this. Penny wise pound foolish. Now I have to replace in a hurry because of FHP vehicle inspection road blocks, so can't shop for savings online. But htanks for the instructions, made changing it the first time a breeze, can probably do it second...
Back