Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

5r55S Transmission Drain/Fill plug stripped

The dealer gave me a FULL refund for the solenoid, gasket and filter ($430+!). They didn't even charge me a restocking fee (15%). All I had to do was show the metal bits that I found in the pan and they fully understood that it was pointless putting good parts in a bad tranny. As to my original...
  2. J

How to replace the front wheel bearings on a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT.

The wheel bearings sold at Autozone is Timkin and it comes with a life time warranty. The only downside is that it doesn't come with new bolts (like the ones from the dealer). I did my front bearings last summer and so far no problems!
  3. J

Yes, there was major drive ability issues. It's my wife's vehicle, and she reported the RPM would ramp up whenever the truck tried to get into 3rd gear. We got around it by starting the vehicle on "D", let it build up some speed, and then switch to "2" on the column shift, continuing to drive in...
  4. J

In order to see pics on someone's wall, you have to log in to (your) facebook account.
  5. J

It won't let me post attachments!! I posted it on my wall on facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/joe.burmeister2 Can you identify it as an intermediate band? I am going to remove the new solenoid and take it back to the dealer for a refund!
  6. J

I finally got the 10 mm bolt - the key was you just had to losen it, and take it out completely. I spent the longest time trying to take the damn thing out but it would just keep turning. Ok, I have reached a major stumbling point.While emptying the pan,I found two large bit of metal parts...
  7. J

Another problem...how the #%@*# do you get access to that 10 mm bolt on top of the solenoid that is holding the plug in? There is zero room for a ratchet or a 10 mm wrench!!
  8. J

After spending some $500 in parts yesterday at the dealership ($377 new solenoid, $37 oil filter, $17 gasket, $70+ in Transmission fluid, etc.) I hoisted the car up on jack stands this morning and proceeded drain the existing transmission fluid on my 2003 Mercury Mountaineer AWD with 110K miles...
Back