Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

the seller sent me an apim tool, which once connected by USB on the laptop he was able to reset the module. All is working fine now!
  2. J

It only says: “Navigation Fault Navigation is not functioning properly” I’ve contacted the seller and he’ll be sending some “tools” my way. Whatever that means. Lol Gps antenna works fine as compass was wacky at first and now its working normal. Honestly I use the Apple CarPlay and google...
  3. J

So I've installed the radio and...SUCCESS!!! Partially, but still success Here's some pictures The install was very easy, and since the unit came pre-programmed with my VIN, I didn't have to worry about it. Now, one question I do have. To be able to use the Apple CarPlay, I upgraded...
  4. J

LOL! This is probably the source (or similar) from where all these sites are selling their retrofits. So we'll see!
  5. J

So I bought the below "kit" that was put together by an ebay seller: FORD F150 FUSION FOCUS SYNC 3 FACTORY NAVIGATION GPS incluede Screen GPS and USB | eBay Once I receive it I'll let you know how it goes. But keep on searching as these retrofits are getting cheaper as people start realizing...
  6. J

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

So...another one bites the dust. My hood has bubbled up and started chipping away paint. See pictures for reference: Now, I bought this SUV new, and it has been solid. Unfortunately on my closest dealership I was told that because it has ~ 64,000 miles that I'm SOL, to call the "1-800"...
  7. J

Adding Navigation Later

I wish I was close, I'd give you my wifes car as a guinea pig.
  8. J

Reliability survey:Your 2011-13 Ford Explorer Mileage

Year:2011 Trim:XLT FWD vs 4WD:4WD Current mileage: 41,000 Any problem or issue: rear washer fluid line leak Are you happy with your purchase: Yes Would you recommend new EX for others: Yes
  9. J

Installing or Programming Daytime Running lights (DRL)

I have DRL and hate them lol I have to schedule a trip to the dealer to get it turned off, especially since I want aftermarket HID.
  10. J

What is this ugly HOOK?

more and more I've realized how many people who buy this explorers are just crazy and whine about everything.
  11. J

1/4 Mile Run Times

Hey Ken! Good to know you're doing work on the explorers too! Have you thought about doing tunes for the N/A 3.5 also?
  12. J

4WD Display

snow mode shows almost the same way :thumbsup:
  13. J

I need help!!!!!!

just do a google search for myford touch wallpapers
  14. J

Ugly Carpet Seam under Driver/Passenger Seats

if the attention to detail would be done by Ford, you wouldn't be paying 50's for a Limited. I mean seriously guys, ITS AN EXPLORER...not an FX45, not a Cayenne, not a GL...stop thinking "oh if i paid this then they better give this" crap like you think Ford is the best damn company in the...
  15. J

Michelin Tires

Same here. I'm about 300 miles shy of 40,000 and tires are still holding up incredibly well. I think they'll last to about 55k like blwnsmoke says :thumbsup:
  16. J

RPM on new Explorer...

am I the only one that doesn't care how much gas my car consumes? lol
  17. J

Are you Fed up with MyFord touch like i am??

Here's a hanky... I believe that 98% of the people here use the system fully. I've owned my Ex for about 7 months now, put in around 10k miles on it and the system has worked great. It has frozen I think maybe twice in those 7 months and it reset and worked and the only true issue I have is...
  18. J

Are you Fed up with MyFord touch like i am??

I'm very happy with MFT. Haven't really had any issues with it.
  19. J

Off Road Experience With 5th Gen Explorer !

exactly...If I wanted something more trail rated I would have gone with something like an FJ or a Wrangler (which I seriously though about buying) but 98% of my time I'm on paved road. Why buy a car with less street manners and comforts, less technology just because 2% of the time it can go...
  20. J

Anybody had the Throttle body "flush" @ 30k Svc. pushed on you by dealer?

I'm at 39k and havent been mentioned anything related to TB flushing...
  21. J

Off Road Experience With 5th Gen Explorer !

I've gone up the mountain in "trails" and unpaved rocky roads without any problems
  22. J

so why Wi-Fi?

well...after reading the topic given by Rebecca I have one use for it: Right now my T-Mobile 4g plan is unlimited in data, but no mobile hotspot. So if I connect it to the car (and if I had kids) everyone would benefit from the high speed internet and it would make trips better. I actually...
  23. J

Snow Driving

I'm pretty sure he was in sand mode, if not the traction control would have kicked in and end the fun real fast
  24. J

so why Wi-Fi?

I'm guessing the intentions were to add apps and that would be the way to have them installed...but since that isn't happening it looks like wasted money for r&d and an adder of premium price to the car
  25. J

Snow Driving

yeah...its such a performance feature that when on snow mode the transmission starts in 2nd gear instead of 1st to decrease wheelspin, that should give some awesome 0-60 numbers! :thumbsup:
Back