Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Cam tensioners

Changed the tensioners just now. Took maybe 10 minutes for the left front one and 30 for the right rear. Loosened inner splash sheild and removed wheel. This gave me a clear shot with two ten inch extensions. Placed a dab of sealent to hold the washer in place and torqed it down. The front top...
  2. J

Cam tensioners

I have read on this board, and ,aybe it is a different version of this engine, that you must remove the upper intake to change the left front tensioner. It appears to me that this woud be not be required as the left front tensioner is in clear view . Maybe it is longer than I think and will not...
  3. J

Cam tensioners

Thankls! I havve them on order.
  4. J

Cam tensioners

I now see it is called the sohc.
  5. J

Cam tensioners

Ok. I will look into the flush. What do you use? And I have another question. I have heard these engines called SOHC and OHV. Which is it? Or is it both?
  6. J

Cam tensioners

I have looked at several threads concerning the tensioners, cassettes and timing chains. Sounds like most have a rattle at higher rpm's. I have a 2002 explorer 4.0 with 142000 miles. Runs great and uses no oil. It only has a rattle for 1/2 a second when first started after sitting 6 or more...
  7. J

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

Did this over the weekend to my 02 Explorer. I looked at the wire loom under door sill and thought this had to run up by the dash. I looked behind the glove box and this loom with the brown wire runs across towards driver side. I just put an on off switch there to save the few extra feet of wire.
  8. J

my mpg fo '02

Believe it or not that is what I get. I do not baby mine so I do not think 25 would be to hard to get.
  9. J

my mpg fo '02

My new to me 2002 EB Explorer with 4.0 Auto and 3.73 gears shows 19.7 today when I filled up. Hand calculation was 19.499. That is pretty close for the message center I think. The newer vehicles compared to older 90's models I had are much more accurate. I also think you should never clear the...
Back