Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Just flew by 200k miles.

Just passed 200k miles. Based on past experience, about how much life do I have left in the thing? The rear end was just rebuilt. My mom thought it would be a great idea--i didn't share in her enthusiasm. I have to now fork over $500.00. SO, Do I put anymore money into it and enjoy it (Body...
  2. M

WTB Restoration parts for 1998 Mercury Mountaineer

I need these parts and approximate prices with shipping to 48317 Tan/Grey Headliner Tan/Grey Floor liner Passenger side rear interior panel Gray/Tan Rear Access interior Panel Tan/Gray Tan/Gray Door panels (4) Passenger/Driver Seat Tan/Gray Rear Bumper Door handles (4)
  3. M

Could use some guidance

Got a couple issues going on with the truck right now. Looking for some ideas. 1. I replaced my serpentine belt a couple weeks ago. Everything has been running smoothly expect for the noise. This new belt is way noisier than my previous one. There is no squealing or anything like that, but...
  4. M

Light Bar Pics

I got some huge lights from Harbor Freight and I need to mount them somehow...can people post pics and a general overview of the how-to that you have for the bar, materials etc. I have no idea how to go about this little project....
  5. M

Have some new questions....

Recently I have been having some new problems. I am having some trouble with what seems like the transmission...? The truck seems to get into the high rpm's too easily. I can probably have my foot at half throttle and I am pushing 3k rpms. This doesn't seem normal at all, not since I got the...
  6. M

Electrical help!!!!

Okay, so can I wire lights through the fusebox in the engine compartment? I was told I could take one of those eye connector thingys and mount it on the positive bolt next to the fuse box. is this true?? Is it safeto do it that way without ruining something on my truck??
  7. M

Got some more lights!

Got some nice and bright led fogs to put behind the grille. I bought 2 16 amp switches and a 30 amp relay. Do I need one relays for each switch? And is the amperage enough? How do I wire it to the battery? I don't understand the electrical maps that people make. I am so lost. Lol
  8. M

The ole' Christmas haul...

Got some pretty awesome gifts!! How about you guys.......???:D 1.Tool box for the bed. 2.131 piece Kobalt tool set 3.94 piece Craftsman tool set 4.Craftsman mechanics gloves 5.Craftsman tool bag 6.Bridgestone emergency auto kit 7.$200. in various autoparts store gift cards...
  9. M

differential fluid.

how to I add friction modifier to my differential??? I heard there is a way to add it through a "tap" I am getting some bad rumbling through the back end.
  10. M

Extremely funny!

Okay I have to preface this with a story. This past summer I took my truck trail riding for the first time. I had no idea what my truck could take and I had no idea what off roading was all about. I went a little crazy. According to Kazer and RickyBobby, I gained air many times that day...
  11. M

Wanted Pocket style Fender Flares

I like the fender flares on the ST (and looking to hide my dented fender). Looking for the "bolt-on" looking style. Can't seem to find them. Reaching out to anyone on here who has any for sale or could find some for me on your local craigslists....if there is not any, can I find some close...
  12. M

exhaust question.

I want to install my own performance muffler bc there is no way I am paying the mechanic $100 bucks to put a muffler on. What are basic procedures? stock 01 st pipes are 2.25 right? could I cut the piping with basic metal saw? I am not comfortable using my dads sawzall. and can I clamp in the...
  13. M

Tires for christmas :d

So my last debacle with my truck is over...only needed an alignment. My parents agreed to pay half of my tires. :D So what ya'll thinking on tires. if you could provide a brief description and about the price you paid, that would be awesome!! I like the duratracs, mastercraft courser axt, and...
  14. M

More problems after a huge bill at the mechanic

So...today I went to make a right turn and I heard a pop and then my alignment went out. They replaced the outer tie rods and bearings. The alignment was fine after the repair so I didn't press the issue of the steering wheel being a tenth of a degree off. Do I just go and get it re aligned and...
  15. M

I need help or a walkthrough on how to wire in these lights...

I am adding these flex LED's to my tail gate in order to see better behind me....I have no idea how to wire these things in. I get the splicing part and how to connect the wires. But I have no idea what wires. I have 4 loose wires for the trailer lights...Do I wire them there??? I am so...
  16. M

I need some part numbers

I have an 01 sport trac 2wd... I need rancho shock part numbers for a lifted trac of 1.5-2.0 inches -- both rear and front. I need part numbers for body lift kit -- cheapest one can find. OH and I was wondering if a flowmaster 40 with the cheese holed airbox sounds good. I know I can...
  17. M

Hey need all your guys help!!

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3396563829.html The engine on my trac is going (timing chains,lifters,and tensioners) and I think it will just be cheaper to get this instead of paying over 2k for an engine that may fail again. SO, I realize its in fair condition, but I am buying it for...
  18. M

I need people's experiences for guidance!

I have an 01 sport trac 4.0l v6. I beleive I have to take my truck into the shop to get the lash adjusters (Lifters), timing chain, and tensioners done. Anyone had any of these done and how much did it cost? I don't mean to be nosy, I am just trying to plan how much to save. Thanks in advance...
  19. M

What's that mysterious ticking noise?

So I just changed my oil the other day. Used Mobil Super (5w30) and a Micro Gaurd Filter. Good oil pressure. Found that it burns a little oil but not nearly as much as it could. .Today as I was sitting at a light, i noticed a faint knock at low idle (700 rpms). I wont write what I started...
  20. M

Microgaurd oil filter question.

I am doing an oil change today (I am waaayyyy overdue). I got the microgaurd from oreilly's and has a product number of MGD MGL2. I just wanted to confirm before I start this process thanks all Build 2. 2001 ford explorer sport trac
  21. M

01 Sport Trac exterior door moldings coming off.

Hey all, I was wondering what you guys would think of taking off the door moldings on a sport trac door. Would it look stupid? maybe if someone is adept at photoshop could show me what it would look like? I have dents on both sides of the truck from accidents and being sideswiped (one on each...
  22. M

Door moldings.

My door moldings started to fall off today, all of em. Should I try and keep them on or just take em off? Does it look like crap? I dont have the money to buy glue and put them back on and all of them have some sort of crack somehow. So yeah, I am pretty pissed but there isn't much I can do.
  23. M

I your guys opinion

I found some old lettering decals from my old work and I was wondering if this would look cool or if I should not even try it? pretend that E on the end is an F I have to cut the E carefully to make it an F. Let me know if you guys think its pretty stupid...my dad does and wont help me out...
  24. M

shackles cause u joints to go quicker?

My dad was in the process of *****ing at me about doing the warrior shackles on my truck and he said something that I hadn't thought about or considered. He said that the slight slant in the way the drive shaft sits causes the u joints to go 'like water'. I am curious if his claim holds any...
  25. M

Door Schematics...Door Removal for dent repair

hey all. does anyone know to to take off the door panel on the rear passenger side? what does the door look like under the panel? And what tools would I need to pop out my dent from the inside? The door is also dented behind the plastic molding as well...I kinda get the sanding thing and...
Back