Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Any suggestions on exhaust manifold bolts and starter removal?

The exhaust studs need to be heated up with a torch. They will then come out.
  2. C

Is My Fuel Pump Going Bad

Yes. The amperage draw is not good. Pump is probably on its way out.
  3. C

timing chain tensioners

You should be using a motorcraft oil filter. Others dont have the anti drainback check valve. So the oil stays in the filter and gets to the tensioners quicker which prevents the rattle on cold start up.
  4. C

timing chain tensioners

What kind of oil filter are you using?
  5. C

'Check Advtrac' error code help

They have to go into the abs menu and run the IVD calibration. Then they will need to turn the wheel lock to lock. That will take care of it
  6. C

'Check Advtrac' error code help

Perform Integrated Vehicle Dynamics (IVD) Calibration. You need to find someone with a ford scanner (vcm2) to do the job.
  7. C

ABS Control Module Help

The abs module needs to be programmed to your car. Any ford dealership or ship that has the ids system should be able to do this.
  8. C

2002 V8 software updates/gains?

Only software updates im aware of is for a trans shutter on the 02 models. No power gain or anything. I just had one in my shop last week for that exact issue. Update took care of it.
  9. C

Tranny issue in 04

9L2Z7G391A is the part you need.
  10. C

How to reprogram TPMS Module with As-Built Data?

The one you linked to is a clone/fake. It will probably cause more problems then anything
  11. C

Transmission Swap

Both have the same motor?
  12. C

Possible fuel system problem...looking for some help

1. Check the canister vent solenoid hose for any obstruction and clean or repair as needed. Also if an inspection camera or borescope is available, check in the filler neck for any debris or restriction. Some of these vehicles have a filter screen in the metal part of the filler neck that can...
  13. C

Hard shifting, solenoid pack?

You can NOT rebuild the solenoid packs. If they are found to be bad get a NEW one from ford not a place that claims to rebuild them and not from an aftermarket place.
  14. C

Hard shifting, solenoid pack?

SES light flashing means a misfire. The trans issue does sound like solenoid pack. It is a known problem.
  15. C

How to reprogram TPMS Module with As-Built Data?

You will need to find someone with a vcm/ids to program the module.
  16. C

Slight Misfire when idling no codes

Can you read the fuel trim with a scanner?
  17. C

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

150k swapped solenoids at 142k fluid looked like new
  18. C

Can't figure it out

It could be anything. No crank? Crank no start? Can you check for any codes?
  19. C

Solved Repair info

I am a mechanic by trade and I have access to alldata,Mitchell on demand identifix etc. If anyone needs anything looked up let me know.
  20. C

changing 02 front wheel bearing hub

Here you go. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194002
  21. C

Temp fixes for rear differential grinding?

Go to ford and get the friction modifier. We used royal purple 75w-140.
  22. C

Code P0506 "Idle Air Control System RPM Lower Than Expected" 2004 Explorer XLT

1. Start with checking for any vacuum leaks or any problems with the air inlet ducting being loose or damaged. Also be sure the air filter housing is sealed properly and that the air filter is the correct one. 2. If no problems are found with the air filter or air inlet, check the throttle body...
  23. C

HELP! Please tell me what this sound is? (04 Explorer)

It is the blend-door actuator.
  24. C

2002 Explorer XLT - No 4x4 - Question Regarding Module Programming

It will have to be flashed/programmed by the dealer or a shop that has a vcm.
  25. C

Rear end sway under acceleration

Get the alignment checked. Even if it is a little off in the rear it will cause the issue you are having
Back