Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

Blower Motor Resistor

The blower motor resistor failed on my 2008 Ltd. The fan went to high speed and I could not shut it off, the only way to stop it was to turn off the key. I knew that it was the resistor because I've had these fail on other vehicles. I was a little surprised at the cost, there are 2 types of...
  2. 2

Brake shudder after 30 minutes of no braking on the highway.

From what you describe, It is almost definitely the rotors. I had something similar on mine. I had new rotors, new pads all done by my Ford dealership on the front axle, about two years ago. After only around 8,000 miles I developed a shudder while braking above 35-40 mph, but not when I...
  3. 2

Rear Cargo Security Shade

I also have a 08 Ltd. with the 3rd row seats, I never use them. They are always down. Yes you can get the cargo shade for your vehicle with the 3rd row seats as long as you hardly ever use them. I bought one for mine, it fits perfectly. The Ford site will state that it is not available for that...
  4. 2

4th Brake light ?

I decided that this light will not work properly as wired, there are only 4 wires on that flat plug and one is the ground. The others are left stop, right stop and running lights. There has to be a separate wire for that hitch light. I looked at the factory 3rd brake light top of rear lift...
  5. 2

4th Brake light ?

I installed one of those brake lights that fit in the trailer hitch. It was working correctly, I thought ? I was just told by someone following me, that the light works fine when I step on the brakes. When I put on the right signal light, the brake light blinks also, but only with the right...
  6. 2

vibration on braking

I posted a few months ago about my vehicle vibrating during high speed braking. Most noticeable when exiting highway at 50-60 mph. Didn't really need them , but decided to replace all rotors and pads front and back. I'm still getting the vibrating, the steering wheel will shake a little also...
  7. 2

Brakes pulsating ?

My 08 has 49,520 miles, new rear rotors and pads at 38,500, and new front rotors and pads at 42,840. About a few weeks ago I started getting a very rapid pulsating, chattering that I can feel on the brake pedal when exiting the highway at a fairly high rate of speed 45-55 MPH. Applying the...
  8. 2

16 lb MotorCraft radiator cap?

Also have been using that Stant cap for about 1 year now.
  9. 2

Tow package?

My door sticker only lists my GVWR which is 6185 lbs. Someone said their sticker shows empty weight of vehicle ? I have another sticker with tire size and that shows a max vehicle load of 1199 lbs. for occupants and cargo. My state registration has vehicle gross weight at 4606 lbs. Not sure how...
  10. 2

Tow package?

Do you happen to know about what the gross weight of a fully loaded explorer with 4 passengers and a full tank of gas would weigh ? and add 200 or so lbs. of cargo. So a GCWR of 10,000 lbs. minus the vehicle weight would give you the maximum weight of your trailer ? The max trailer weight would...
  11. 2

Interior lights, auto shut off ?

Thanks for the reply, I just left the visor mirror open so the light would stay on. I also left the interior dome light on and set my timer for 20 minutes. I went out and the lights were still on. I set the timer for 10 more minutes, after that all lights were out. I opened the door and the...
  12. 2

Interior lights, auto shut off ?

I believe that that any interior lights left on, will shut off automatically after a certain amount of time ? Does anyone know if that also includes the visor vanity mirror light ? The reason I ask is because I replaced the visor on the passenger side because of a broken hinge. Now the on...
  13. 2

Air bag warning lite on dash display?

The other cold morning [10 degrees], the airbag light came on and stayed on for almost 10 minutes to where I was going. Came out of store and restarted 5 minutes later, light stayed off. I have to think that this is some kind of glitch ? Time will tell if it is the battery as some have...
  14. 2

Air bag warning lite on dash display?

Mine has done that a few times over the last several weeks, it seems to only do it when the temperature is very cold ? So far I have not had any battery issues and it has been very cold at times in RI.
  15. 2

rear cargo cover question

I bought one for my 08 from my local Ford dealer Tasca Ford about 2 years ago the cost was $108.00. For the Camel color the part # is 7L2Z7845440AA. I was told that none was available for mine because I have the 3rd row seats. I don't use these seats so I just leave them down. The cover fit...
  16. 2

who's dealing with the cold weather?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep tabs on the battery. It is about 1 I/2 year old. But I know they can fail earlier if faulty.
  17. 2

who's dealing with the cold weather?

My 08 has been fantastic in this cold weather and in the snow, this is one my favorite vehicles that I have owned to date. 50 + years of driving. I have noticed that my airbag light will stay on for a minute or so when it is very cold, but then go out. No other issues so far. :)
  18. 2

Map Light comes on when starting

Mine also comes on and then goes out, occasionally it will come on and stay on for a little longer then usual. But it will go out after a bit.
  19. 2

Do you have remote start...

I have the Viper 4203V Responder Two way. It starts with one button from a very long distance. Paid $350.00 professionaly installed. After pressing the button, a green light indicates that the signal was received by the vehicle and it starts. Very good system
  20. 2

Water Leaking from Overhead Console Map Light Button

Water leaking from overhead console. My 08 Explorer started leaking yesterday after a very hard rain storm. I was driving and water started dripping from map light on driver side, I was upset and had water dripping all over the shifter and going in the cup holders. I couldn't do anything...
  21. 2

broken vanity mirror

I just replaced my passenger side visor, my cost at dealer with a supposed discount was $104.00. The wire will come down, mine was stuck up there, I pulled back a little on the headliner and got my finger in there and after a bit, I was able to pull the wire down. Be carefull in placing the wire...
  22. 2

2010 Escape, Rear liftgate won't open ?

The part # is 9L8Z-7843150 B. It's listed on ebay for about $100. Ford dealer with discount about $90.00.
  23. 2

Sync, bluetooth problem with new Tracfone

Thanks for the reply, but as I said my old Tracfone Samsung T301g worked perfectly in both of our sync equipped vehicles, so some Tracfones must work with Sync. The new phone has bluetooth, so it seems like it should connect. It has to be an issue with this phone or Sync not able to connect with...
  24. 2

Sync, bluetooth problem with new Tracfone

I just got a new Tracfone LG840g. My old Tracfone Samsung T301g connected just fine to my 2008 Explorer and also to my wife's 2010 Escape, and was great for hands free calling. The new LG840g will make a connection of sorts to both vehicles, they will each recognize the new phone and give...
  25. 2

Change 1 Tire?

I'll have to agree with your Dad on this, as you stated the tires were new in Sept 2010. That was 2 years and 8 months ago, You got good use out of them up till now. Buy 2 new tires and you'll be happy and your wife will be happy and safer also. Not worth worrying about.:D
Back