Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

new SYNC Software V3.7 update

I think the point is if we can't even get these updates with "nothing" in them, do you really think we are going to get a meaningful update? And I wouldn't call it free...I spent a lot of money less than 2 years ago. I think we have received a clear message where the update line is. Next year...
  2. K

Yeah I know that is there. I really only use the voice guidance when traffic is busy or I am driving downtown. That's too many button presses just to turn it on or off when we used to have it on the main screen. I normally use the voice command now.
  3. K

Yeah. That does seem odd. Especially since it's just a software update that seems to be just visual changes some of which we used to have.
  4. K

Not that there is a lot in this update (thought the nav mute button would be nice), is this our notice that those of us with 2013 and earlier are not getting anymore updates?
  5. K

Sync Applink?

The hardware is there. They already have software written to interface with their cheaper systems. The user interface is the easy part. I have worked with some poor software architectures that were just a pain to implement anything new into. Maybe that is the problem. Or it could be contract...
  6. K

Sync Applink?

Maybe if I actually had applink.
  7. K

Sync Applink?

But Ford is the leader in vehicle technology. At least that's what they told me when they took my 50 grand. :frustrate
  8. K

appLink upgrade coming this year...

Still nothing for those of us with My Ford Touch. "Currently, Sync AppLink is not compatible with MyFord Touch, Ford's infotainment system. A Ford spokesperson confirmed to CNET that the upgrade would still not be compatible with MyFord Touch-equipped cars." Edit: whoops...didn't see you...
  9. K

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Not sure about the limited but I don't think the 2013 Sport has the curved lines even with BLIS. At least mine doesn't on 3.5.1
  10. K

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

Unfortunately you will not find any dvd headrests that tilt enough to match the OEM. I had the autotains (Actually I still have them) that tilt but even tilted all the way forward, they sit way to far back. I ended up going with the headrestvideo.com models which cost a bit more than the...
  11. K

Sync Applink?

We can only dream.
  12. K

New Navigation Card? (A4)

I was surprised too. Ordered mine Monday and it was overnighted and arrived on Tuesday. Didn't expect that. Installed it today. It was acting pretty flaky for about an hour after the install but seemed to clear up after that. Should know more after the weekend when I've spent more time with it.
  13. K

I broke down and bought the black Autotain Dream units. I absolutely hate them. I didn't think the position would be that big of a deal for me but it is. The color match is perfect but I guess I didn't realize how much I use the headrest. I am hoping they grow on me but so far, I like them less...
  14. K

Any update on the install and your view of the autotain dream? I got a tiny sample material sample it it looks almost identical to the charcoal black. I think I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the dream units.
  15. K

I just couldn't see paying that much for the factory players. If they would have been tied in with sync or at least matched the factory seats, I would have gone that route. I installed a roof mount player in my last car and have done plenty of other car audio work so I know I can handle the...
  16. K

DVD Player I'm trying to decide on DVD headrests. The 2 that I'm looking at are the custom headrests from headrestvideo.com and the new Autotain Dreams from onfair. I am leaning toward the custom headrests as I really want the factory look and they have them for the 2013 Sport with Sienna...
  17. K

Broken antenna

I received my shark fin today. Went out to check the color on it. Looks great but noticed the top of my stock antenna was ripped off. Not sure how it happened. I know I didn't run into anything. I haven't been in any low garages. Very odd. Could explain the poor HD radio reception I've been getting.
  18. K

Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport

When the MY13 came out, some people had a wait. Those of us that pre-ordered the sport had a bit of a wait depending on when it was ordered. That was only because they didn't go into production until September and some ordered in June when the pre-order became available. My Sport was 8 days shy...
  19. K

pictures of your 2011-12 black explorer w / upgrades

Looking really nice! I do like that black pin stripe better.
  20. K

That is exactly what that means. Mine was accurate too. Unfortunately there is no way to really track the delivery date. Cory can check it somewhat so make sure you check in with him. My dealer called about a week before it was actually delivered and told me it would be delivered the week of...
  21. K

Most definitely worth the wait. Picked mine up last night!!!
  22. K

Sienna Interior

Nice. I think I'm going to like them just fine.
  23. K

2013 Limited vs. Sport - Features and Options

That was the MSRP of the one he ordered. EDIT: Just realized he had an extra digit in there. He's getting ripped off :D
  24. K

Sienna Interior

That's good to hear. I was really hoping it wasn't like that ugly orange brown they have in some of the mustangs.
  25. K

2013 Explorer Sport Ordered

I feel the same way. I had a hard time deciding. I didn't really want an all black seat though so I ultimately took the chance. I should find out within a couple of weeks if I'm happy with my decision.
Back