Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Defroster Issues

Turns out my defroster door arm AND the re-circulation door were broken. Fixed both of them and now everything works. Lots of time getting the dash off. Don't know why I am writing this as no one has seemed to read the post but maybe it can help someone in the future.
  2. E

Defroster Issues

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369287 I'm afraid I've found the same issue as this user.
  3. E

Defroster Issues

Hey guys been a while since I have been on here so I hate to make my first post back a question but...well...i'm about to lol Anyways so last winter and this winter my defrosters have been horrific. Last year I did some testing and found nothing wrong but I think I overlooked a problem...
  4. E

How close have you been to running out of gas?

I almost ran out on my motorcycle one time. Had to zip zag to splash gas into the fuel line to get to the station... I kid you not it worked. Damn Sportster peanut tanks... Look so good though!
  5. E

How to: How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Geeze man simmer down! All he asked was a simple question. By saying "will anybody admit" he is acknowledging the fact that they likely aren't as good quality. Not everyone has all the money in the world and Yea, last thing you want to do is skimp on a potential safety item but if it's that or...
  6. E

my offroad 2002 x with winch and snorkel setup

This makes sense I guess I wasn't considering water splashing up to the intake level. Does it hurt performance though?
  7. E

Didn't know it wouldn't start leaking immediately. That's pretty cool
  8. E

What about the interior though. If your going in water halfway up the door then it's bound to get in no?
  9. E

You're really manages to drive through water that's over your air box?
  10. E

Why the snorkel? It's not like you can use it you would destroy every electronic on the vehicle if you actually tried to use it....
  11. E

Can anyone tell me what kind of tires are on this truck? Wheels too if you can!

I believe they are 245/75-16s. Had that size on my old explorer and the wheel well spacing looks very similar.
  12. E

Nice rig, what are you running for a differential in the rear?
  13. E

Adding helper air bags in rear? 2004 Explorer

You may be able to find stiffer rate springs for the back if the air strut idea doesn't pan out. That would be the best way to go though.
  14. E

Front differential cover

Holy crap that ain't good! Hope it holds up OK for ya. Worst case you can get a front diff cheap from a junk yard I'm sure
  15. E

Front differential cover

Thats what I did basically!
  16. E

Frame Trim Piece Question

Hello everyone, I have a question that I have searched and searched for and have yet to find the answer to. Does anyone know what this trim piece is called that went in place of the running boards to cover the frame on the XLS models? I really like the look of no running boards and I HATE the...
  17. E

Highest Mileage 4.0, V-6, Explorer

Thats awesome! That sucker won't die!
  18. E

Front differential cover

It's a bit of a pain.. Luckily diff covers don't usually leak
  19. E

Whats your "other car" and is it modded?

Loving the bikes and trucks man! My other toys are an 01 yz426f dirt bike... Total monster it is. Pretty sketchy but fun! I got an 05 Sportster Roadster with some nice progressive brand suspension front and rear, sissy bar, bags nice little bike she is fast as hell for just a stage 1 sporty...
  20. E

Front differential cover

The rear cover has two of the three mounting bolts that support the diff in place so it can only be removed if the diff is dropped.
  21. E

05 XLT V8 swap

You have at least 5 more inches to deal with... That being said if you run electric fans and get the a/c condenser out of the way you can probably squeeze it in there
  22. E

what differential do you have in a 2004 ford explorer/ or sport trac

Nah...for the amount you would save in fuel you would never recover from the cost of a regear or new axle. If you got a 4x4 you have to then swap the front as well. Taller tires would theoretically help BUT the added weight and rolling resistance (assuming they are a little wider as they would...
  23. E

what differential do you have in a 2004 ford explorer/ or sport trac

Put a differential locker in it if you want the added traction. Beats the pants off a limited slip and only costs about 300 bucks or so which, when stuck in a snowbank with your kids in the car on a back country road or something is a small price to pay for knowing you can get yourself out of...
  24. E

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

Thats seriously cool nice job man!
  25. E

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

All original? You must have replaced stuff after that many miles. That's really cool!!
Back