Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2003 Explorer replaced IAC Valve now loud humming

Update... I had express replace with the same part, within 5 seconds, humming again. So we got advanced to bring us another brand (idk which brand) and its been working well for a day and a half. The ONLY thing I see is sometimes it'll bog down to around 500 rpms while sitting still. It's...
  2. C

2003 Explorer replaced IAC Valve now loud humming

Last week my 4.6L Explorer began idling very rough and finally would die. I pulled into an Express Oil change where they replaced the Idle Air Control Valve. It cost almost $200. Well today, at idle I began getting a bad hum / rumble from the air intake. Sounds like a blower. I have...
  3. C

Door panel / headliner / moulding fasteners and tools

Thanks for the link. The problem is that I don't know what all I'm going to need. I was kinda hoping for an Explorer pack or something. Something that goes ahead and packages all the normal fasteners I might find on my interior. Maybe an interior pack and an exterior pack. Wishful thinking...
  4. C

Ok ill have to get that kit. But what about all the fasteners / clips? I feel like every time I peel a panel off, I damage the plastic fastener, making it weaker and more rattle prone.
  5. C

Hey all... I just bought a 2003 explorer and of course it could use a little TLC. I have noticed that some panels have come loose and won't easily snap back into place. I have also noticed some rattling behind the panels. I want to make it my goal this season to refasten all panels and...
  6. C

2003 Explorer Replacement Steering Wheel / Audio Controls

I just bought an older 2003 Explorer and I want to fix it up to "today's" standards. I am about to buy a Clarion NX702 in dash navigation / satellite radio / etc etc. Well this unit does not have a volume knob that I really like. So I would like to connect it to steering wheel...
Back