Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Well this Sucks!

I must have posed my question wrong. When I opened the cam synchronizer up I noticed a little rust colored powder around the sensor. I'm wondering where it's coming from and will it affect my mileage. Thanks
  2. K

TDC Balancer timing mark due south??!!! Opinions!!!

Thanks for your input allmyEXs. While I have spent too much time finding TDC, I will take another look when I get the time. If it were 180 degrees off, would my 5.0L even run?
  3. K

Well this Sucks!

Can a slightly worn cam sensor cause poor gas mileage?
  4. K

I have looked and looked and cannot see any timing marks. After finding TDC Cyl 1 compression stroke, The channel on the balance wheel was at 6 o'clock. My Truck runs fine except some ping under heavy load on hills, which seems to be common. I followed the manual for setting the synchronizer...
  5. K

I have the same truck and channel on the balancer. No timing marks. I think the channel is the key way channel and should be pointing down at TDC.
  6. K

Where can I buy the right door lock control rod 99 Explorer/Mountaineer

I've been searching wrecking yards online without success. Auto wrecking yards aren't what they used to be. They don't let people walk around looking for what they need. I miss those days!
  7. K

Where can I buy the right door lock control rod 99 Explorer/Mountaineer

I have searched everywhere to locate the right door cylinder lock control rod with no luck. Does anyone know where I can get one? Discontinued at the dealer. The door rod on the driver's side is different.
  8. K

Rear climate console '97 Exp

I was wondering the same thing! Did you ever get an answer to whether the rear fan and actuator can be accessed without pulling out the entire console? Thanks for any help you can give me!
  9. K

99 Mountaineer Cam Synchronizer P1309 code

After you feel for TDC on the compression stroke, look at your timing marks. Are they where they're suppose to be or some different configuration?
  10. K

P1309 Cam Sensor Misaligned? Crankshaft Sensor? Did you feel for the number one piston to be at TDC? If not, do it!
  11. K

While I fixed the P1309 code with the advice from Turdle, my 99 Mounty pings a little under load and at the high end. I attribute the pinging to an old truck and try to keep my foot out of it when I accelerate.
  12. K

P1309 Cam Sensor Misaligned? Crankshaft Sensor? The problem I had was fixed so follow the advice in these threads and you will be just fine.
  13. K

Helper Springs Cure Sagging Rear End?

I found this link while browsing for a machine shop that could re-arch leaf springs. http://www.eatonsprings.com/rearching.htm Sounds like re-arching is not a good option!
  14. K

Master Cylinder... Which one

I read on another thread about putting Seafoam into the brake booster that it only injects the Seafoam into a few cylinders. If you're sucking brake fluid through you're booster hose than you're getting it sucked into a few cylinders as well. I don't remember which cylinders are effected but...
  15. K

Thinking about re-arching your leaf springs? Think again!

I was considering having my rear leaf springs re-arched to cure the sag until I read this: http://www.eatonsprings.com/rearching.htm I guess I'll be purchasing new springs for the long-term fix.
  16. K

Power steering question

You're probably loosing your steering pump but have you checked that all the pullies are snug and everything up front is tight? Have you had it apart or any leaks lately that might have introduced air into the lines...
  17. K

making weird rattling noise

Definately check your plugs, clean the MAF. How old are the plug wires?
  18. K

I purchased a MityVac vacuum pump to blead my brakes. It's a good tool to have. I think I read you can pour some Seafoam down the brake booster vacuum line to clean it out. I'm not sure what you have to do to clean out the booster though.
  19. K

Speed Control means Cruise Control. If your truck has cruise control you want the master cylinder with the wire connector to it. Change the master cylinder and see if that helps stop the smoking. You will probably have to clean up the vacuum hose. Good Luck!
  20. K

Lift Kit

I have a 99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0. I had the front alignment checked because I had outside edge tire cupping. I was told my truck had negative camber. Will the torsion twist correct this and bring my truck toward positive camber?
  21. K

TT and Shackles/Add a Leaf

I recently bought a 99 Mountaineer 5.0 and want to do a small lift (2 inches or so) to it but don't really know what my options are. I'm thinking about getting my rear springs re-arched and getting an add-a-leaf for the rear end because I tow a small cargo trailer. What can I do to the front...
  22. K

How to: U-joint removal and replace-how to with pics

Drive shaft rebalancing and u-joint grease??? If driveshafts are factory balanced, would just changing the u-joints change the balance? When would a driveshaft need rebalanced? Also, are the non-greasable u-joints greased with synthetic grease? I'm hearing a squeek coming from the back...
  23. K

fuel pressure regulator 2000 5.0

Followup! I purchased a Delphi fuel pump assy from Amazon for around $200 and, while I was waiting for delivery, I cut out an access hole in the rear seat floor. Everything went well! I used some stove-pipe metal as it was really flexible. I doubled it up after forming it to the floor and...
  24. K

Yes I changing the fuel filter was the first thing I did. This morning I put the fuel pressure gauge on and had my daughter turn the key on while I listened for the fuel pump to run. It run for a short second. When she turned the key off and waited a few seconds then turned it back on the pump...
  25. K

Guys, I think I made a novice mistake! When you asked me how many fuel lines I had running to my fuel rails I think I included a line that isn't a fuel line. I was looking at night under the truck using a flashlight. Today looking in the engine compartment, I just see one braided line on the...
Back