Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Part time knock??

Ok so I have what sounds like a rod knock but only between 2500-3k and only in 1-2 gear some times in 3rd. It will go away for a week or two then come back for a few days then gone again. It's got me baffled no knock or tap on cold start and nothing in nutrual . And oil viscosity makes no...
  2. 9

In need of m5r2 rpm

Ok so I've been thinking my tach is off but not sure. I've noticed with my 32.8 in tall tires and 3.73 gears I turn 2k rpm in 4th at 45 and 3k at 65 really doesn't seem right at all. Can I get what every one else gets with a 33 in 4th or 1:1 please
  3. 9

OBX header install

OK so I got my OBX headers on my biggest fight was with the rest of the exhaust but nothing a heel bar couldn't help with. Driver side went in no problems passenger side to more effort but I did not have to pull the engine mount. Now remember I'm an auto tech so I have a box full of tools that...
  4. 9

New take on leaf springs

OK so I decided to try a different route on getting lift from my springs by adding a spring and so far the results are great. I will get some pics and do a write up here in a bit, but I will say it involves using a f250/350 overload spring.
  5. 9

1.7 roller rockers or cam swap

So I have a 96 explorer 5.0 I'm looking for a bit more tq, should I go with 1.7 roller rockers or a cam?
  6. 9

I'm back

I'm not new here but have been gone for over a year, I sold my ex and regretted it so now after hunting I found it and as of tonight it is mine again. It needs some work, steering column, power steering pump, grill, and hood snags on cowl. But my 5speed with np205 and carb swap still working great.
  7. 9

F303 cam swap

Ok so I know some don't like this cam but I had a new one sitting in the shelf so I'm going to use it. F303 - 288 duration and .512 lift, I have already ordered a set of ford racing valve springs and will get them installed when I do the cam. I will also be replacing the timing chain while in...
  8. 9

How to: Carb on explorer 5.0

Ok so I got tired of the efi on my explorer and decided to go carb. I'll post more latter on once I'm home and warm. Ok so as you can see I'm stripping the wiring down to what's needed only, Speedo,tact,temp,oil psi, and coil hot. I should have it finished tomorrow and ready to drive. I am...
  9. 9

V8 swap thread discussion

Post edited: v8 swap discussion continued from this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422796 /edit Good stuff here.
  10. 9

2nd gen d35 4.10 gears wanted asap

Like the title says I need a set within a week or two, figured I would try on here if nothing I'll buy new.
  11. 9

opening up factory header/manifold on 5.0

So has anyone dared to try this? Was my Q and not that I could find so here I go I am in the process of modifying and opening up the factory headers/ manifolds for my explorer, I will post some pics latter today.
  12. 9

d35 interchange

Ok so I would like to get an all in one thread on our d35's that covers what will or will not interchange between ours and others. I think this would help on searching for current members and new members, so any one who has info please post it here or link it and for sure answers. Like I have...
  13. 9

need help ex cuts out

Ok so I need help here my ex cuts out between 2k and 3k mostly 2k-2500 and I have replaced everything but o2's , ecm, and injectors I'm posting here since it has the 5 speed swap. Injectors checked and cleaned at shop o2's test good. So is my ecm freaking out or what. It started this one month...
  14. 9

need new torsion bolts?

Ok so to get my 2" on the front I did a tt and of course the bolts were ran all the way in and I didn't get 1.25 inches. So I pulled one of the bolts out and realised there the same thread and size (shorter) as my old body bolts, I took the shorter body bolts and ran them in till I got my 2" ...
  15. 9

How to: m5r2 & np205 swap on 5.0 explorer

Ok so I figured I would do a write up on this since it isn't quite as bolt in and go as the 4406 setup. I will post pics and more info after work latter today.
  16. 9

Range position switch help

Ok I'm putting this here since it is for a mod I'm working on for an idea with the 5 speed swap but dose anyone have the wiring diagram for the switch?
  17. 9

Ifs or sad

Ok so I'm at the point where I'm ready to purchase my front drive parts. Now to start I don't want to go any higher and don't really want to go bigger than 33 or 35 tires. I would like the solid axle but I think it's going to set the truck higher than I want. Help please, I need more info and...
  18. 9

Aftermarket non factory replacement radiator

So has any one done this? I'm tired of the crappy plastic tanks and I'm looking at going with a full aluminum radiator.
  19. 9

Aode wiring diagram

Hey guy and yes wiring for an aode, I have a 96 5.0 2wd ex with an aode has bin checked and verified by transmission shop. Any how I need a compleat wiring diagram for this trans for a project I'm working on.
  20. 9

Powers steering mod

Ok so my valveing on the rack quit working and me being a penny pincher I made it a manual steering, I eliminated the pump hoses and valves. I also pumped grees into the rack to help prevent wear, and here's what I did with the pump. It works great and has bin this way for about a week...
  21. 9

2000 sport gauges in a 96 5.0?

has this bin done i picked up a 2000 sport rust bucket for cheep to use as part and i would like to use the white face gauges.
  22. 9

Ranger steering shaft

So while at one of the local salvage yards here I noticed that the ranger steering shaft is notably thinner than the explorers, so I got one and it has give a good bit more clearance at the headers. I think it's enuf to be able to clear non explorer headers, I will post pics of the size...
  23. 9

285/75 16's

I decided to go with the tires and haven't had any clearance problems, I only have the Tt and shackles. Will post pics when I get home.
  24. 9

Swap or no

Ok so I have everything to either make my 96 5.0 2wd X 4wd or put my 5.0 into a 4wd sport 97. I can get the sport for $700 and the only thing wrong with it is a bad engine. Thoughts please
  25. 9

eBay headers opinion

http://m.ebay.com/itm/350580437100?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1 Do y'all think they would work? I was going to go order tmh but ordering is blocked and I can't wait one-two years.
Back