Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Cabin fuse box location / access

Thanks. I just wasted an hour looking. Should have gone to the forum first!
  2. L

Remin 'Real Carbon Fiber' interior trim kit install

Very nicely done. You are an artist at what you have completed!
  3. L

Driving the EX in snow

The Coopers were not loud enough to drown out four 13 year old girls yelling, screaming & giggling! Can someone please recommend a louder road tire? I need relief!
  4. L

Driving the EX in snow

I followed Halwg" recommendation and bought the Cooper snow tires. I switched the rims to 18 inch. They were amazing in the sub 20 degree weather. Our driveway in Brian Head is quite steep and is unpaved. It was covered with ice, mud (when it warmed) and light snow. No problems at all. I...
  5. L

Factory Battery Capacity

I've got a 2013 Sport with about 22K on the odometer. Bought it in November 2012. Battery started to have problems before taking it to Utah for ski trip. It would not hold a charge. Very cold Utah conditions finally killed the battery. Took it to the local Fullerton, Ca dealer and they...
  6. L

How to: Explorer 3rd row delete & police package install

very nicely done. Appreciate the attention to detail.
  7. L

Traffic control lighting/police lights options/opinions?

Try North American Signal in Whelen Ill. They have high quality lights used by the postal service, Loral and other defense contractors.
  8. L

2012 xlt and snow Chains vs winter tires

I'll probably run them between February and March that way I can use them in our local mountains. No plans on using them in warm weather. The OEM tires are awful in snow. I wish I had taken Peter's advise when I first acquired the car and switched to the Yokahama tires.
  9. L

2012 xlt and snow Chains vs winter tires

I'll throw in my two cents here. I too live in So Calif (it's about 75 degrees as I write) but drive to Utah every year for skiing. Last year I found the limits of the oem tires. Sadly, they just don't do the job, even on light snow. This year I purchased five spoke wheels and Cooper...
  10. L

Polyurethane Bushings

I'd like to replace the bushings on my 2013 Sport with polyurethane bushings. My favorite supplier, Hotchkis, do not offer bushings for the Sport. Has anyone found a supplier for these?
  11. L

Invisihitch with pictures

nicely done and good photos!
  12. L

Yakima Cargo box installation detail (with pics)

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag68/Langla4/sideview_zpsf9185441.jpeg Been using a Thule for years. I have it secured with Thule cross bars. Never a problem and have driven it above 80mph.
  13. L

Bilstein shocks for 2014 Explorer sport

I bet your prior car didn't have the same tires as your Sport. The best place to start improving your road handling is with the tires. Changing the spring rates via coil over shocks or new springs is the next most logical step. Shocks just keep the tire on the road while springs and sway bars...
  14. L

2013 Sport rear suspension lube

I was wasting time the other evening and saw in the owner's manual a reference to lubing rear suspension members. Climbed under the car and didn't see a zerk fitting any where. Did I miss something? Thanks,
  15. L

Is anyone satisfied with their sport?

I've had my 2013 Sport for one year, 10,000 miles. Two trips to an excellent dealer regarding MFT issues. Replaced one fog lamp due to breakage. Replaced fuel pump under warranty/recall. One oil change so far. That's it. One heck of a lot better than ANY car I previously owned (especially the...
  16. L

Ecoboost 170 degree thermostat group buy

I contacted Reisch to see if these were CARB legal. First off, they were quick to respond and thorough. They did not know of any failures to pass smog. However, the thermostats are not CARB approved.
  17. L

New to explorer

Oil changes are a snap. The filter is easy to remove with a standard filter wrench. Just get an oil drain pan and don't forget to properly dispose of the old oil. This site is loaded with advice on the type of oil and filters. Most recommend staying with Ford filters. The debate on the type...
  18. L

PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow

I've had them for seven months without any problems. Of course, living in SoCal I haven't had any real need for the fog lights, but they sure look nice. I occasionally drive with them on in clear weather and I do enjoy the eye relief provided by the yellow beam. So, overall, I give them a...
  19. L

Anyone thought about coilover suspension?

I contacted Megan yesterday and they told me they did not have a coil over option for my 2013 Sport. They didn't mention anything about testing one in September.
  20. L

Cracked Fog Light

The part is about $60 and only takes 15 minutes or so. Easy repair.
  21. L

No engine bay lighting!!!

Are these switched? Were these wired to a fuse link and then to the battery? They look great and I have it on my list of modifications.
  22. L

Roof Cargo Carrier/Bag Fuel Economy

I have a Thule cargo box I use in the wintertime for ski trips. My Sport normally averages 21 on the highway running between 65 and 68mph. With the box it drops about 3 mpg. I do not have a wind deflector for the cross bars. In all fairness, the mileage also drops because I usually have three...
  23. L

My 2013 Explorer progress (pic heavy!!)

nicely documented changes. Great photos.
Back