Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

How to: install a Aftermarket Stereo if you have a JBL Factory System. Intructions

"Right now, it appears the antenna is going on when the unit powers on." The antenna goes up when I turn the car on and only goes down with the car off. With the car off the radio can control the antenna. (I use the key ignition position to run the radio with engine off) So it seems the...
  2. G

How to: install a Aftermarket Stereo if you have a JBL Factory System. Intructions

Thanks Cobra! I am not sure I understand the 5v vs 12 v issues. I was wondering if the inputs to the factory sub amp are spearker level inputs or low line inputs. It seems it would make a differece as If I use the RCA jacks they are low level and a amp expecting a large input would...
  3. G

New Radio with JBL premium 95 eddie bauer

I just had a new pioneer CD/MP3 deck put in my Explorer. The Best Buy crew did not like the JBL system and I don't think they had the correct wiring harness. I spent about 120.00 on the install and am not very happy with the results. 1. He bypassed the rear JBL subwoofer/amp - said it...
  4. G

I have a Ford explorer with the JBL and had best buy install a new radio in it. The guy really *****ed about the JBL system He did not have the correct ford wiring hardness but he said it did not matter as I would loose the sub anyway. He had a hard time getting the power antenna to work...
  5. G

Idle 1400-2000 rpm fix

I think I know what the problem is. Last week my engine had a high pitched sound comming from it. I thought it was a bearing, it turned out to be an air leak or vacuume leak somewhere. I took it in and the guy did not have enough time to find it. Its very high pitched like a dog...
  6. G

Idle 1400-2000 rpm fix

Follow up to my rough idle post. Here are the things that I have done or had done. 1. New IAC 2. Cleaned MAF 3. New TPS 4. New copper exhaust intake thingy with silver exahaust sensor. The shop broke original copper pipe and charged me an arm for a new one. 5. New Plugs and wires...
  7. G

Idle 1400-2000 rpm fix

Bad news on the IAC. I picked it and found the electrical connector had changed. The replacement one is smaller, thus I can't plug it in. I notice there was not a gasket on my old IAC. I put my old one back on with a new gasket then I cleaned the MAF sensors. On the MAF I could not...
  8. G

How many engine sensors in a Explorer?

After changing my tsp to fix a idle problem I got to thinking about all the little sensors located under the hood. I'm wondering how long they usually last and what to expect when they go bad. Here are some sensors I can think of, add to the list if you know more. O2 sensor - Whats it...
  9. G

is there anyway to make the fan/heater blower motor blow more air faster?

Could it be a stuck duct? Some ducts work on vacume, maybe one is partially closed.
  10. G

Idle 1400-2000 rpm fix

Thats for all the help guys, this is a great forum! I will let you know how it goes. One more question about idle. How exactly is one suppose to adjust the idle rpm? Its not the throttle cable, I tried that and the computer seems to override it.
  11. G

Temp gauge reads high even when cold?

1995 Explorer. My temp gauge has been acting strang for past few months. Sometimes it reads normal, (1/4 way up the gauge) and other times it reads hot. Its like its getting too much voltage. It will go from cold to hot in like 10 seconds, so the engine is not overheating. Had radiator...
  12. G

Idle 1400-2000 rpm fix

The thing making the clicking is on the drivers side just behind the radiator. I thought it was the alternator. The plugs have been changed twice and gap checked. My old gap was like 2x what it was suppose to be. The 120,000 really eroded the electrodes. I will check the wires...
  13. G

Idle 1400-2000 rpm fix

I own a 1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Baurer 6 cyl/4liter I have never had a problem with it (120,000) runs like a top. Recently I had a tune up. New plugs, wires, new ERG? (silver disk attatched to exaust manifold) Sprayed out throttle body too. Now it idles worse than with the orignal...
Back