Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

My tires and wheels were stolen...

My tires and wheels(also, cd player, CB radio and antenna, Sub, amp) were stolen off Nimby in the last day or two from a locked fenced barbed wire place in Woodinville called Del's truck rentals where my husband's dad pays for a rental spot to keep vehicles(supposedly safely). They are...
  2. S

My pics from Manastash 4th of July

Well we were talking about this on Friday night, here are some recent pics just for fun. And a little video too which hopefuly works. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38621491 The rock that prevented me from flopping This is...
  3. S

Reiter Survey

If you have even been to Reiter, please fill out this survey that the DNR made. Who knows, maybe it will help keep Reiter from being shut down. :thumbsup: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=oIwSOFirk7L4QAkCcZD_2bvw_3d_3d
  4. S

Is this part easy to replace and what is it called exactly?

I found cracks in this part yesterday, I have asked and searched around, heard it called a bunch of different things, and told I need to replace and do a bunch of different things... Can anyone tell me exactly what its called and what I need to do to replace it? Would be much appriciated...
  5. S

My 1st real stuck ever... :-)

So... I was up at reiter pit(gold bar, WA) at 3:30ish am on saturday morning... And I decided to check out this mud hole that I have never had a problem with, so I went over part of it and it was all pretty dried up and I made it in 2wd.... So I decided to try to go through another...
  6. S

Reiter Pit, Index Wall Trail, Jul31

I went up to reiter yesterday, and I went up this trail I have been wanting to try for a while but have been to afriad to. It was awesome!!! Kinda hard and I got 2 new dents, but it was very fun and challenging. Here are some pics( I didn't get any pics of the tree/root part of the trail)...
  7. S

BigMac's Expo stuck in the mud...

I warned him when he got stuck that I was going to post this here, lol... So I told him he probably wouldn't make it through, this stuff was deep and very stoppable... But since I was there to pull him out he decided to try it(good for him) lol... well yeah, he got stuck, plowed some mud and...
  8. S

Little bit of reiter fun with Brian aka BigMac(warning lots of pics)

Our two explorers, they actually are exactly the same size...Mines the dirty one... Brian's Explorer attemping the deadly mud pit.... SO I had to pull him out... 8) Some flex shots, now my truck is the LESS muddy one... lol... sun is setting...
  9. S

So thats why my 4WD didn't work...

So my 4wd stopped working one day about a year and a half ago... Well when I finnally got it fixed last week(money issues) Heres what we found, I guess the casing got cracked, let the oil out and water in, got hot, melted and this is what happened, then it completly seized(the little red lines...
  10. S

Tahuya BroncoII.org Run July 17/18

This might be pretty cool seein how B2's are kinda like little Explorers...lol, j/k http://broncoii.org/b2forum/viewtopic.php?t=1021 There is the link on the B2 forum, its July 17-18th. I want to go as long as me and my ex aren't too broken after my snowboarding trip to hood the 7th-16th...
  11. S

Body Damage Thread

Post pics of the body damage we get on our runs or just out wheelin! These are from Reiter Pit April 3,2004 This is after I bent it back out, no more mirror!(Or pinstripes, I took them off that side because they were all messed up anyways)
  12. S

Reiter Pit

Ok, So I just talked to my friend who knows Reiter even better than I do, and if you guys want to, we are free for Sunday for some playing if you are thinking this weekend... Saturday wont work for me because I'm trying to go snowboarding. But then again, I'm thinking Sunday may be bad for...
  13. S

Best way to cover a dent/chipped off paint?

My friend was backing up yesterday with his door open and his door hit my car, REALLY hard. So now there is a nice dent/crease and lots of chipped paint. I want to know the best way to cover it JUST so that it wont rust or more paint wont come off, perferably with close to the same color as my...
  14. S

My '92 lifted Ex

So my baby is finnally done and I have pictures! He's all muddy from wheeling this weekend too. It has a 5.5 superlift in the front, and in the rear its SOA with 2" blocks, a little uneven, but we are still working on that. AND I know I need bigger tires, but they coming soon, when I have...
  15. S

Stock Jeep in a huge puddle

Me and my friends were up at Reiter Pit on friday. My friend Jesse has a stock '89 Jeep cherokee(sp?), anyways, he followed a highly modified jeep wrangler over this hill into a trail he really wasn't prepared for. He just drove right into this puddle(the other jeep went the other way)...
  16. S

Tahuya ORV park,Wa Feb.28th

Anyone in the WA area, check it out! Tahuya Feb.28th Thread
  17. S

February Run

Decided to start a new thread about the mid Feb. run.... What about the weekend of the 28th? I know its at the end of Feb. but valentines day is on the 14th which might be a problem for people(or maybe not, I can go then), I'm most likely going to be gone the weekend of the 21st, and so is...
  18. S

Wierd Honking Noise

Ok, this is going to sound odd. I have started noticing that when I'm in a parking lot or similar type area, when I push the gas then let off quickly my Ex honks, it only happens when I'm starting from a stop and then stop again. Literally sounds like a goose. Someone told me it might be my...
  19. S

Preventing Battery Corrosion?

I did a search on this and I still didn't find anything useful. My battery terminals are very corroded... Its been like that for as long as I can remember, with 2 different batteries, and it got so bad that it completely ate through one of my connectors and my truck wouldn't start till I...
  20. S

I'm new, a chick, AND from WA

Hello everyone! I just wanted to say hi. I'm happy that I found this site, its now where i spend all my time at work! :p Anyone here from Washington?
Back