Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2013 Explorer, do I need a brake controller?

Generally, any trailer over 3000 pounds requires its own braking system which is activated by a brake controller inside the tow vehicle. The tow package for the 2013 Explorer includes the wire harness that a controller connects to. The trick is to locate the harness, which is well hidden. On...
  2. D

New Ford Explorer Sport: Fuel-Efficient, High-Performance SUV

I've been trying to spread the word about the U-Haul blackball ever since I found out after my Explorer purchase. I blew up at the dealer why they don't inform potential customers about the situation, expecially when they order the tow package. I also would have bought a different vehicle had...
  3. D

About to buy

If you think you may ever need to rent a trailer for any reason, be aware that U-Haul will NOT rent any of their towable stock for use behind an Explorer of any year.
  4. D

Should I buy 2013 or wait for 2014?

If you have any possibility of needing to rent a trailer, be aware that U-Haul will NOT rent any of their towable stock for use behind an Explorer of any year. There are not many other options available, particulaly if you want to do a one-way haul.
  5. D

If you have any intention of renting from U-Haul, the Explorer is NOT for you. U-Haul will not rent any of their towable stock to Explorer owners.
  6. D

I cannot download new sync update.

Try to format your thumb drive. Had a similar problem that disappeared after doing a format...
  7. D

2013 Explorer 3.5 V6 transmission noise

My new Explorer Limited had the exact problem you described. Dealership fixed the problem by following the bulletin. Thank goodness the problem caused a noticeable noise and vibration. Otherwise, the lines could have ruptured with who knows what consequences.
  8. D

The 2013 Explorer is a great ride. If it wasn't for the black-listing by U-haul it would be perfect.
Back