Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Remote Start 2004

I have exactly the same problem as you described in your video. The Avital is the same model also. The remote start was working fine then for no reason I have the same problem. Where did you find the programming instructions for the Pats module. Any help greatly appreciated. 2005 explorer
  2. E

All you need to know about keyless entry

Found it, passenger side rear seat belt housing, remove panel, then prise off lower panel to expose Rap module. Thanks to the OP for the hint.
  3. E

All you need to know about keyless entry

I have a 2005 V8, and need to find the RAP module to retrieve the factory code. I am unable to locate it using the instructions at the start of this thread, any help appreciated.
  4. E

How to: Replace 3rd Gen Ambient Air Temperature Sensor

Having thought about this it made no sense that the sensor was in the engine compartment. See the locating holes for the sensor housing next to the windscreen washer bottle. Having looked at the previous photographs posted by BigRondo, explaining where the sensor should be I removed the...
  5. E

So I replaced the sensor, $51 from local Ford dealer, still reading 10 deg higher than it should :((,confused, any other ideas.
  6. E

I found it, located next the the windscreen washer bottle:thumbsup:
  7. E

Great write up on how to replace the sensor. I took off my grille, but can't find the sensor. I have a 2005 V8, anyone know where the sensor is located. Thanks in advance for any help.
  8. E

Part identification, could be causing a squeak?

A visit to my local Ford dealer and the noise was located to the AC compressor. They reckoned it was rusted, anyway $1200 later, it's fixed.
  9. E

Part identification, could be causing a squeak?

I have an annoying squeak from the engine. It would appear to be related to this part, but I could be wrong. The squeak appears to happen every 15 to 20 seconds on idle. It is not constant and can go away for days at a time. I had a look under the hood, I'm no mechanic :( It appears the squeak...
  10. E

Put in neutral, foot rake on and hey presto. Thanks for the link, I'll have a look.
  11. E

Ok, guys worked out. "Note to self, check on Internet for solution before asking silly questions"
  12. E

Hi Guys, just moved from the U.K. to the USA and picked up a 2005 Explorer, Eddie Bauer. There was no manual with the car and I have just noticed that when pressing the low 4 wheel low drive the light does not come on. The lamp is ok as it lights up when you turn on the ignition. The 4 wheel...
Back