Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2003 sport track 4.0 oil pressure switch bounces when turning the steering wheel

Hello i have had a hell of a time with this sport track.Finely i found the cracked spark plug causing all the problems.Any way know the oil pressure switch is bouncing from half to zero rapidly when turning the steering wheel. And some times when your turning it will do it and it will shut off...
  2. J

2003 sport track codes

later ok wrong valve cover caused alot of the problems found that out after buying the tool re timeing it and no change so not throwing codes any more but still showing machanical timing off any more info would be great
  3. J

2003 sport track codes

vacume leak ? possibly a degree or 2 but it was perfect when i set it but i didn't know how it was going to act after i took the tool out and and put back the hydraulic tenchener and the air intake control valve was unplugged oops i found that and when i pluged it in and took the truck down...
  4. J

2003 sport track codes

Hello i have a 2003 ford explorer 4.0 sport track.that is throwing the codes p0507,p0511,p0171,p0174, this is a new engine install and timing work if the timing was off would it be throwing either a crank or cam position sensor or not it also wont idle under 1500 and acts like it dose not have...
  5. J

SOHC 4.0 general engine timing - TDC

I dont have the issue any more but i have an old engine that i could take a vidio of
  6. J

2003 Ford Explorer 4.0L engine. Timing chain replacement.

dose it matter ok i timed the same engine with the cams upside down from the way you describe but if you turn the engine over 360% it is the other way dose it matter when there is no distributor
  7. J

SOHC 4.0 general engine timing - TDC

upside down ok i timed the same engine with the cams upside down from the way you describe but if you turn the engine over 360% it is the other way dose it matter when there is no distributor
Back