Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Solved Troubleshooting Transmissions

2001 ranger AAMCO problems My 2001 ford ranger lost reverse then 1235 I took it to Aamco who told me my reverse band broke because my bearings went out also had a crack in Transmision case and the torque converter was full up metal pieces from reverse band. So I put up the 1900.00 to fix it...
  2. L

Loud clunking noise from rear end when turning and when shifting into reverse!!!!!

I had a clunking coming from the rear end in reverse then I lost reverse. Once I got in the trani found all 3 bands broken gears burnt needed new ball joints on both sides and a new torque converter. Very expensive and time consuming. I just wounderful if this is why my gas mph has been so...
  3. L

Loud clunking noise from rear end when turning and when shifting into reverse!!!!!

I'm a new member here. I have a ford ranger 3.0 v6 with auto trani. Yesterday I put it in reverse and drove 200 feet or so and heard a loud clank or knock sound. When I stoped I was in reverse but all it did was rev the engine. I put it back in drive then reverse worked. It still makes that...
Back