Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Change BLK/OR wire from alternator

PWESHHHH its miller time.
  2. M

I did just that I took out and cleaned with a wire brush pretty as a penny but... guess it was gone. and yes showed continuity. That fuse guess does that.
  3. M

I did just that but was only a second and I did not know would blow that fuse. Thought is a slow blow fuse just for that occasion. "Live and learn" as they say. I am soooo happy.
  4. M

How do you spell SUCCESS. I jumped mega fuse 175a and bingo I have 14.4v at battery charging and chg battery light is out on dash. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH
  5. M

This should be it http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/albi1cnobi1/185184138_zps0e0b459e.gif
  6. M

checked schematic and best I can figur after chkg is BLK/OG wire good, ran new wire fm B+ to dist box and reads 12.6v 30 amp mini good 50 amp maxi good 175amp mega ??? shows continuity but (can I jump this with a jumper?) anything I missed? I'll see if I can send schematic
  7. M

positive only charging 14.0+-v... woohoo.
  8. M

Ok negative battery to body of alternator back to 12.4v.
  9. M

WOW koda2000 I mean it you are somethin. Ran battery cable to positive on battery and lrg nut on top of alternator and am getting 14+- volts at battery and ck battery light is off in vehicle. What does that tell you /me. whats bad? I am soooo excited.
  10. M

Yes I checked wiring diagram. big help thanks
  11. M

Does engine need to be on?
  12. M

Sorry battery light is on. Chk engine light off Battery is brand new BUT brand new (3rd) alternator is only putting out 11.4 volts checked all connections and fuses and wires and ok
  13. M

Engine light is on with engine running 12.8v with eng off 12.4- engine on
  14. M

Thanks guys for help so far. I just checked volt with new voltmeter battery is @ 12.8v drops a little while engine runs but holds @ 12.4+-v B+ alt to distribution box 11.4v engine off and on doesn't change checked Blk/OR wire from B+ to dist box w/old wire and new wire same no difference 11.4v...
  15. M

Just checked the 175amp mega fuse and shows continuity. (maybe stupid question but) Does that indicate fuse is ok?
  16. M

Sorrry. Some are new problems from old issues. Thought best way to address. Thanks for the help.
  17. M

Thanks koda2000
  18. M

I am having an issue with NEW (3rd) alternator not charging. I have checked ALL fuses, ok. So I am checking all connections. Only one I cannot get to is this BLK/OR cable from B+ on alternator to engine blk. The connection is on top of engine next to thermostat housing. I cannot get in there...
  19. M

Battery NOT charging

I was just wondering also that since I am getting some power from alternator but not enough what does that have to do with loose or damaged connection. Seems bad connection would mean all or none power.
  20. M

Battery NOT charging

The brake controller is connected under the hood to a relay. One lead comes off positive side of battery and one comes off negative side of battery. Could the switch be causing a short of some kind giving me a problem?
  21. M

Battery NOT charging

I was just noticing that a light is on even with ignition off on my towing package brake controller. Should that be on all the time? I don't remember it being on all the time. Can that be my problem?
  22. M

starter engages for a second and quits.

OK got ya. positive side shows same as battery +12v other side shows less than 9v+-
  23. M

Found it. Tests less than 9v
  24. M

OK connected negative to battery negative and positive to alt B+ and get nothing. But if I connect positve to positive battery post and negative to alt B+ post I get a reading less than 10
Back