Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

radio probs

This link might be of help .> http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163594
  2. D

1997 Explorer owner here!

Glad you got it sorted
  3. D

1997 Explorer owner here!

Have you tried Rockauto.com. failing that try Find Cheap Car Parts Online | Lowest Prices Save 80% | 247Spares or Find a Part
  4. D

It's for sale!

Good luck with the sale! I sold mine 2yrs ago as I was not using it so much.
  5. D

Radio swap

Any radio that is the same physical size will fit make sure you have the unlock code This was in another thread...
  6. D

SOLD 1998 Low Milage 81.500 miles

asap but by end of month at the latest, btw I have got it up on ebay as well but if you deffo want it then I can take it off there.
  7. D

@blueka ok so one of them was a scammer and the other wanted it for next to nothing. so if you are still interested then I would prefer it to go to you as you will make good use of her, if not then it will be going to the scrappers as it is taking up space on the drive and that needs resufacing
  8. D

just had 2 people on gumtree enquire about it so will have to get back to you if they do not buy it
  9. D

went out to it earlier to see what I could do and found the battery is bloody flat. saw a video on utube where some guy was fitting a pump and the tank had to be dropped seemed a bit more than an hour
  10. D

yes I can push the button but to over ride it has to be pushed x amount of times and that is what I do not know
  11. D

possibly but I do not know how to override the system to get it to start on lpg
  12. D

yes, I checked relay and inertia switch as there was no sound of pump and no pressure in rail,
  13. D

Gloucestershire
  14. D

The time has come for me to let go of Laura the Explorer have owned her from 2004 but she is now surplus to requirements as now have smaller vehicle more suited to my needs. Has been on sorn for 2yrs due to fuel pump packing up, have got a second hand pump but do not have the time to do the job...
  15. D

ARC self leveling rear suspension.

Nice way of raising it, I think they are a dying breed now. Mine needs the fuel pump replacing but I cant be arsed atm
  16. D

4 x 4 Switch

as far as i can remember it only lights up dependent on whether high or low is preselected when on auto it lights up when the 4x4 kicks in, unable to be sure as mine is waiting for me to kick its arse back into life
  17. D

4.0 SOHC Fuel System 'Hack'

Its a stag 300 ecu and I lost the instructions for getting it to start on lpg but I could warm up the heat exchange valve to about 40'C so that the liquid turns to gas and then start it but I'm reluctant to go that route just incase it goes BANG!
  18. D

I found out mine by turning the ignition on and removing the relays one by one, Thanks for the info will try a jump lead on the IFS at the weekend if weather is nice also the valve
  19. D

can you tell me which colour wire you connected to on the inertia switch so I can check if pump runs or not this is my main box and the relay on its own does the blower motor. the one directly below is engine management, the one to the right of that is the starter the small relay on its own is...
  20. D

Very interesting work around which I shall probably end up doing to mine as it will turn over but not fire up. Can you tell me where your fuel pump relay is situated as layout of relays in the main box on my '98 are not the same as in my owners manual + haynes manual
  21. D

98 sohc will not start

It is not an lpg problem, it wont start on petrol. I need to find the fuel pump relay then I can short it out so I can check for voltage on the wiring all the way to the connector at the tank
  22. D

98 sohc will not start

LPG = Liquefied Petroleum Gas, it might be propane haven't really gone into the details of it except that it is a lot cheaper to run but it has to start on petrol then once warmed up it switches over to the gas. Have just had my current vehicle (subaru forester) converted with no apparent loss...
  23. D

98 sohc will not start

Gloucestershire
  24. D

98 sohc will not start

Nope. checked the relays in main box under bonnet, had to check 1 by 1 as the layout does not match the picture in owners hand book also checked against the layout of pic found in a 1996 Ford electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual and even that did not match as the one shown for fuel pump...
  25. D

98 sohc will not start

Went on holiday for 4weeks, when I got back battery was flat so unable to operate remote key fob. Recharged battery and remote unlocks/locks doors ok, however when it came to starting the beast it would turn over but not fire up. It happened once before and I removed the anti-theft relay from...
Back