Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Thanks and Farewell

I just wanted to say thanks to all the people that have helped keep my Explorer going these past few years. It is now time to drive the ol thing to the scrapyard. I hope to get another X but its not looking good considering the cost, so this is goodbye also.:salute:
  2. G

95XLT Wont start

The first thing I checked when I got home tonight was the CEL and it went out when cranking. I then referred to the list I made from Aldives post: check fuel pressure anti theft devices inertia switch check for spark spark plugs fuel filter Does the CEL extinguish when you crank or...
  3. G

Weird starting problem

Well this is a very informative. I plan to follow it as I try to diagnose my dead truck.
  4. G

95XLT Wont start

okay...I'm stupid... just to preface, my truck died and when I got home the tow truck driver got under it and banged the tank. It then started and worked for several days. The relays seemed to be okay....so stupid me, I assumed it was the pump. So I replaced it. I always thought I could hear...
  5. G

95XLT Wont start

So if I'm getting 12v at the reset switch then everything electrical should be okay? Could it be anything else other than the pump then? Maybe I'll look for 12v back at the connector to the pump?
  6. G

95XLT Wont start

One other thing. When cranking, the odd time the door locks will open and close. But my driver side door lock doesnt work.
  7. G

95XLT Wont start

The Ex wont start but turns over. I banged on the tank and it worked for a day or two. Stupid me I thought it was the pump. So I put a new one in. No luck. So far I have checked for 12v to the reset switch and reset it. I dont hear the fuel pump priming like it used to. Is there somewhere closer...
  8. G

New exhaust advice on DIY repair

I have to fix my exhaust system. The flange on the end of my catalytic converter is long gone so all I have is about two inches of straight pipe out the back of it. How do I attach it back to my exhaust pipe? The size of the catalytic pipe seems to have an ID of 2.375" and an OD of 2.5".
  9. G

Fuel Filter tool not working!!!!!!

BTW did you finally get it O2? This was the clamp that was all rusted....maybe some rust got into the area the tool goes in reducing its effectiveness thats from this thread but i think its the one you already read http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102197
  10. G

Fuel Filter tool not working!!!!!!

I am at the same stage trying to get the fuel pump disconnected. Does anyone know what size tool it is. I have a kit that I used for my AC and I think its the same tool.
  11. G

Cant disconnect Fuel Filler Pipe from Tank!

Okay I got the filler pipe off. It was at least rotating. The vent pipe however wont budge in any direction. So I sprayed it with PB Blaster, not expecting that to work but I am done for today and I'll try tomorrow. Is it impossible to get the tank out with the vent hose still attached? I guess...
  12. G

Just regular gas. I'll have a go at it again. I tried to push the plastic in but its kinda hard to do.
  13. G

I searched and people say there are clips and my Haynes says there is a hose clamp. I see neither. Are the gray things the clips retaining it in? How do I disconnect the filler pipe? Thanks
  14. G

1996 explorer no start

My Explorer isnt starting. My check engine light is working as it flashes when I turn the key but as the engine turns over without starting it does not light. Is it supposed to?
  15. G

Cant load more than one cd.

Cant load more than one cd. CD-6 errors. I have a CD6-mp3 unit that refuses to load more than one CD. Has anyone else experienced this? Well I think I fixed it. First I found on another site, the name of which escapes me, how to put it into SHIPPING MODE. Press Scan and preset 1 together...
  16. G

Transfer Case and O/D flashing related?

Okay , I disconnected the battery and codes were cleared. Its been clear for several days now and running smoothly. I went to adjust the bands but cant fit my torque wrench in there. Should I put off until the code comes back? I dont want to make it worse by not tightening the exact amount...
  17. G

Solved Transmission Band Adjustment Specification Chart

Thanks, but now I have a slight problem. See that black rod across the top. Well it wont let me get my torque wrench in there. Does anyone know what that is and how to detach it? Or should I practice to see what 120inlbs feels like?
  18. G

Solved Transmission Band Adjustment Specification Chart

So are these the two bolts to adjust? Is the one closer to the front (greasy one) the overdrive band? 95XLT
  19. G

#533 (M) Data Communications Link to instrument cluster failure - see 529 Well my tach hasnt worked well in a long time and my speedo is questionable. I do have an extra one I havent put in yet but I assume this is irrelavent to the tranny issue?
  20. G

Well I had a rash of things to take care of so I brought the truck into a tranny shop. They pulled two codes. #533 and #647. I pulled the 647 before but the 533 is news to me and my code reader should have found that. My book states it is a commmunication link or EIC circuit fault. I havent...
  21. G

184k miles....bought second hand when at 120k so probably never had any tranny work. I will now search band adjusting....not sure if I can do it myself. Thanks
  22. G

How to: How To: Transfer Case Fluid Change (Photo thread)

Okay stupid question.......is just jacking up the front end good enough?
  23. G

My O/D light is flashing. The transmission is operating fine as far as I can tell. My code reader registers code 647, "incorrrect gear ratio". After reading I have learned that my 95 XLT 4WD uses a vehicle speed sensor at the transfer case and an ABS speed sensor in the rear diff. I assume...
  24. G

Little radio removal tip

I always wondered why I had such a hard time taking the radio out. I was pushing the pins too far and that wouldnt allow me to squeeze the tabs in.
Back