Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

What are the correct ABS sensor Ohms readings for a 02 X????

Yes it does, thank you for taking the time to explain that. It's off to ford I go! -Steve
  2. S

Okay, one last question as I try to understand how all this works. With the hall-effect sensor, if the exciter ring is not moving and the sensor is basically sitting there inside of its mout, wouldn't there be a specific resistance range when there is no voltage or magnetic flux? I'm assuming...
  3. S

From everything that I've researched, when the sensor goes bad it should give off an open reading. But I don't know not my field of expertise. Also I was just looking on www.fordpartsnetwork.com and it listed the front/rear speed sensors at $100+, from my understanding they were only suppose...
  4. S

Vehicle information: 2002 Explorer XLT 56K miles 4X4. Stock all around except my XM radio. I need to see if anyone knows off the top of their head what the correct Ohms reading from all three ABS sensors for a 2002 Explorer. All I have found online are the reading for a 91-99 Explorer...
  5. S

Abs Light on/Sensors Cleaned...

Forgot to mention that I have check the brake fluid level and it is full.
  6. S

Abs Light on/Sensors Cleaned...

Okay, I'm banging my head into the wall trying to figure this out. I have a 2002 Explorer XLT. My abs light is stuck on and I don't really want to go pay the stealership $80 for them to read the codes from it. The problem started about 3 or so months ago. I was driving back to Kentucky and...
  7. S

02 Tranmission Problems

I haven't been able to check color or smell of the fluid. From what I've read on here I have the 5R55W transmission, with no dipstick. I towed it in D with the overdrive off. I actually took it into Ford this morning, talking with the service guy he basically told me they won't flush it...
  8. S

02 Tranmission Problems

Basic info: 02 Explorer XLT 4.0L V6 3.5(?) Axle with a class II towing hitch. currently 49k miles. All stock, no mods. Alright my question is, I towed a trailer from Texas to Georgia (only had about 27kmiles at that time). Of course the 3.5s are only rated to tow 3k lbs, but my trailer...
Back