Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

front wiper no worky

the other day my front wipers decided not to work...found this link http://www.justanswer.com/ford/2rjac-04-ford-explorer-4x4-v6-engine.html went thru the trouble shooting chart and found that i got power to my motor...pulled the old motor out and replaced with a new one from NAPA and took...
  2. M

2004 explorer 4.0 v6 engine problems

I had the same issue not too long ago, a former ford dealer mechanic told me that milky cap is normal...Anchorage is a small city and i do alot of short trips in town and he told me its normal, just keep up with the 3000 miles or less oil change...i changed my oil, put seafoam into the oil and...
  3. M

2005 Exporer ADVTRAC / ABS, lights on

my advtrac light came on after my engine got replaced, took it to a shop with all the right tools and they just reflash my module and the light went away, been over 8 months now and the light never came back on...y it needed a reflash? beats the crap out of me..cost me $200
  4. M

Rough low idle :confused:

a buddy of mine had the same issue, after months and lots of diagnostics from different dealership couldn't figure it out...so he started throwing parts at it...and cleaning random sh*ts...finally fixed by replacing O2 sensor...stucked at rich so ecu keeps taking out fuel when coming to a stop...
  5. M

Rough Idle/Poor fuel economy. Need help.

i had the same issue, i was lucky to get 11mpg...it was too late to save my engine, ending up it was my #3 injector stuck open and it caused my engine to hydrolock...no codes
  6. M

2003 Explorer just blew engine

my X gave up on me at 70k, got a 56k used engine put in with 6 months warranty labor and parts for 2250 out the door. Im pretty sure it'll be much cheaper down there in the lower 48. I wanted to swap it out myself, but i did not have the time, tools, or a warm garage.
  7. M

P0455 and "Check Fuel Cap"

a got a buddy that had the same code and he got a cap from autozone and the code never came back...ecm probably detecting a slight leak as if the cap was off...did u miss a gasket or loose hose clamp? it sucks if u gotta drop the tank again...keep us posted
  8. M

P2270 code

try clearing the code first and see if it will come back on...if come back on again then replace passenger side 02 sensor
  9. M

Squeaking noise while driving/rough idle

the noise squeaking could be bearings or belt, does it squeak during idle? rough idle coming to a stop could be a bad O2 sensor, it may be stuck on lean...do u have a rough idle when you start up too? Have u checked your windshield washer fluid pump? if u cant hear it pumping at all, it could...
  10. M

Engine problem

I was quoted $6600 everything out the door from the only ford dealer here in anchorage. Cheapest used engine i found so far is $1600 78k 3 months warranty
  11. M

Rough idle/no power

lmao...im away for work now, ill be home in 2 weeks and I wanna see my explorer first before I get it replaced...yes you are right and it doesn't make any sense at all...when i changed the spark plug at home, there was no smell or sign of gas, all the spark plugs looked fine, no white or black...
  12. M

Rough idle/no power

update: found more info from the ford dealer; injector #3 stucked open and flooded the cylinder and hydro-lock my engine, engine ceased and now in the process of getting an engine
  13. M

Engine problem

shyte, i only got 70k and Im getting a new engine next week, injector stuck open caused engine to hydro-lock and ceased the engine...FML
  14. M

2004 Explorer 4.0L SOHC Rough Idle/Stalling

sounds like fuel pump, but i would hook up a fuel pressure gauge first before spending money and found out that it was something else
  15. M

troubleshooting

how did your compression test turned out?
  16. M

2003 Ford Explorer XLT RWD, should I keep it or sell/trade-in?

I only got 70k on my engine and cylinder #4 took a **** on me...putting on a new engine soon and gonna drive it around till the 6 months warranty expires then I will probably gonna sell it...not gonna hang on til the transmission goes out
  17. M

Code PO456

Smoke test is the best way to diagnose this issue, u can get a cap from parts store for cheap if u wanna start with that...i would call around nearby shops if they have evap smoke test machines unless u wanna rig one up...Ive also heard that u just smoke a cigar and start blowing it into the...
  18. M

battery drain

did you take off your negative cable end off and hook up your VOM in series? was your VOM in Amp mode and test leads in the right hole? here is more info just in case if you haven't come across it...I would take it to where ever you bought your battery from and have it tested if your parasitic...
  19. M

Rough idle/no power

im in anchorage and its a small place, the cheapest engine ive found is $1495 78k...they said good compression, good oil pressure...really hard to believe...$2250 quote from that other shop sound like a better deal coz i dont have a garage or the tools
  20. M

Rough idle/no power

I haven't talked with the mechanic at the ford dealer, been really busy...they just call my wife and told her that cylinder #4 is bad...that is as far as i know...i will call them later on today to find out how he came up with that....i just got a quote from a shop..$2250 engine swap with 6...
  21. M

Rough idle/no power

nope, i did not have enough time to mess with my X...i had to leave for work for 3 weeks so i just towed it to the Ford Dealer i got it from and they charge $115 for diagnosis to save me time and money. Im gonna get my X towed home and Im looking for an engine at the moment.
  22. M

Rough idle/no power

Update: I got a blown motor...dealer would charge me $6600...lol
  23. M

Rough idle/no power

Update: Went out this morning to mess with it, it turns over fine but no start now...i got no tools test for fuel pressure or compression test :(
  24. M

Rough idle/no power

Hello guys, I got an 05 XLT 4WD 4.0L with 70000 miles on it. I was driving to the store and my X died at the stop light. I was idling at the stop light and all of a sudden i loss power and came to a really rough idle and eventually died. I finally got it running again and i pulled in to the...
  25. M

2004 Explorer 4.0L SOHC Rough Idle/Stalling

astich, were u able to figure out the problem?
Back