Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Timimg guilds broke,what should I do

I couldnt fix a flat tire just had open heart
  2. R

Timimg guilds broke,what should I do

I just purchase a 2003 XLT V6 4.0L from local dealer.When I took truck for test drive the salesman got in and first thing he did was turn the air condition on high,now I know why he did this for I couldnt hear the timing chain hitting the guild.Now they tell me I purchase the truck AS IS.I went...
  3. R

Just bought an 03, pick up Friday...

Yes you just dont know I just purchase a 2003 XLT I paid 4000 dollars for it and now its sitting in my parking lot broke down from timing chain problems.Ford wants 2400 dollars to fix it and besides Ford no one will work on it around here in Louisville for you have to pull the engine.I have the...
  4. R

How to: 1 SOHC V6 Engine Removal Procedure

Are you nuts
  5. R

Looking for advice on purchasing an Explorer

Dont buy a 2003 Xlt V6 4.0L SOHC I just paid 4500 dollars for it and went 23 miles and the timing guid broke in it.I called the last owner and he said he had all 3 of them replaced 2 years ago.The ford dealer I think is trying to rip me off they want 2400 dollars to fix it and I dont think thats...
  6. R

I hope someone can help me out I just got a 2003 Explorer XLT 6,4.0L Took it to Ford dealer they...

I hope someone can help me out I just got a 2003 Explorer XLT 6,4.0L Took it to Ford dealer they said my timing guide was broke they want 2.400 dollars to fix it I called last owner and he told me he had them all replace 2 years ago .What could be wrong here I hear a clicking please someone help...
  7. R

clicking in my back pannel drivers side behind 3 roll seats have a 2003 Explorer XLT

Thanks dont know how to do this site yet but will learn
  8. R

2003 ford explorer, clicking noise when heater is on

Well how about the rear blend door where is it and how hard is it to replace.
  9. R

clicking in my back pannel drivers side behind 3 roll seats have a 2003 Explorer XLT

Dont have any idea what this clicking is anyone know about this sound comming from back pannel sounds like a clock inside pannel,only does it with key on car doesnt have to be running.
Back