Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Need help with charging system

My trusty back yard mechanic is not liking the power wire to the starter... Gonna crawl under there and take care of that tonight. I agree that the alt isnt being told to turn on, so i guess i have to figure out that communication from the computer to the alt (shouldnt that be a logical...
  2. T

Off-hand do you have any idea which fuse is the mega fuse for the alt circuit?
  3. T

I hope you guys can excuse my absense! I work thirds so im either working sleeping or eating! The dashlight is on, thr truck is running 12.5/12.8v from battery Disconnect battery ground/black while running it shuts down Connect, fires up The alt, 1.5v when disconnected Connect battery, same...
  4. T

So here it goes guys 4.0 ranger with a 5spd 1996 The charging system is failing 1.5v off the alternator post 12.5v off the positive battery terminal Disconnect negative post while the truck is running and she shuts down When the battery dies the truck shuts down Brand new alternator...
  5. T

Need suggestions for off road tires

On my 02 I ran General Grabber AT2's that were 265/75(maybe 70 forgot)-16 they clear well, and they did awesome on the road (except 19mpg's) offroad, they were the cats pajamas on my ranger I am running Bf mud terrains i feel horrible doing it but I have no dough to change tires right now they...
  6. T

Moab 2013 Photos and Videos

I am beyond jealous! Keep em coming guys that poor truck looks so stuck in the heart of that puddle
  7. T

Michigan: Silver Lake Sand Dunes

Hey all, planning a SLSD run! The dates are from July 19th-31st I will be headed northerly to Claybanks township park for a family camping trip and the dunes are only about 15-20 mins away! If you are looking into doing a dune run just let me know! I know Claybanks township park will not...
  8. T

I had fun with y'all but....

my 9 year old brother found it appropriate to ruin my picture but here she is pullin out of the drive and for any of you Moonshiner fans the kid is in my pc class i gave him my hat to show that he looked like a star from the show see the resemblence??
  9. T

I killed Her

I am so happy I read that I am proud of your explorer and yet I am sad, but good job
  10. T

1996 Ford Ranger 136,095 on the ODO 4.0l 5 speed 4wd mud terrain tires all around cleaner interior than the 02 explorer $1000 cash
  11. T

okay well i had to come back earlier than planned, i said i would report wednesday.. its tuesday now Mom texted me telling me I could buy my old Taurus from my stepdad, I respectfully declined.. I know that she gets half of the money from the sale, so she would be getting half of the $500 she...
  12. T

but he's "such a great guy" bs 1200 to find me a car brakes on the chevy took a dump on me no car for now, left to beg gf for rides looking at a ranger wednesday for $1000 its a guy i work with who owns it, he said hes cutting a $1000 loss if he sells it to me, and he isnt looking to sell it, he...
  13. T

I appreciate having a beat chevy to move me around town, but i really took care of the explorer, respected it, took care of it... all that now her boyfriend is driving it, the guy who caused her divorce, the guy who made her best friend run away from her, and now her oldest son i hate the guy...
  14. T

Currently driving the worst thing in the world chevy 1500 i hate it i hate chevy i just hate it the only thing on the dash that works is the check engine light and the tach the thing doesnt need a key to start, not even a screwdriver... you just roll the ignition over and she fires up it sounds...
  15. T

Hey guys! It has been a minute or so since I have posted or been on I no longer drive an Explorer /: I had a great time driving mine and I will definitely get another one for sure. This site has saved me loads of cash, time, and has given me a laugh or two I will certainly miss driving my...
  16. T

A Michigan Meet and Greet?

March 29th right? I think Spring Break got canceled!
  17. T

New to forum

welcome welcome
  18. T

New from Ohio

Sweet ex!
  19. T

What's Your Excuse!!

i dont have a good one, im just lazy lol
  20. T

Protecting Trailer from Stone Chips

i wanna see it behind an explorer get some sheet metal diamond plate if you want and start attatching to the front of that trailer
  21. T

Explorer seats

well dont be lettin knives hang outta yer pockets son!
  22. T

Im back in an Explorer!

I hate them jeep liberty's I drove my ex girlfriends a few times and it was just not a very good vehicle in my opinion The b pillar was too large and was impeding safe view of traffic, it was short and stubby, just a design flaw imo, i think its a fairly femine automobile to be completely honest...
  23. T

sounds good to me! ill have donuts for whoever is showing up! kazer and i will swap tires real quick
  24. T

Yeah, maybe I can park outside and ride in with one of yall
  25. T

thanks guys for the support if we all rally up at my house in parma it is just a 25 or so minute drive away my house is the center of town here in this little podunk haha
Back