Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

3 of them were visable bumps, the rest you had to feel under the lip of the hood and you can fell the bumps.
  2. J

Split Armrest Issue

And this could go on all day, but you are talking about cars that are being driven hard all day long in your line of work vs. how I only drive 5K per year. I also have a Ford F350 at work (Fire service) and that thing has 20K miles and sounds horrible. Leaks so much oil, has been in and out...
  3. J

I checked my dealer and found 6 with the problem, all 2015's. What is so hard to believe. And when I told the service manager, he didn't care one bit.
  4. J

Split Armrest Issue

Resale value is higher in my area then 34K. Whats your point? I'm not waiting around any longer to pay for new roof paint and for the steering to go out. So yeah, when the Dodge warranty is up, I will give Jeep a try. I'm sorry you just want to jerks off in a ford all day at work then at home...
  5. J

Split Armrest Issue

I tried, what a mess!
  6. J

Split Armrest Issue

No complaints of paint falling off and the door panels are real leather stitched so yeah! Lololololol
  7. J

paint underneath the roof rails / rail gutter

Get rid of it while you still can!!!!!
  8. J

Split Armrest Issue

Found a 2015 R/T Durango that I think will fill in nice for my blacked out hunk of crap Sport. 2013 21K miles, hoping they give me 34K as per KBB. I owe 20K and the Durango comes in at 46K. Hopefully they don't drive it too hard, just noticed the rotors must be warped, starting to shake a...
  9. J

Tow/Haul mode seems to give horrible gas mileage?!

Yes, tow mode losses a lot of mpg. I tow a 2015 Jayco popup at around 2500 lbs loaded and only use the tow mode for the mountain roads. Highway I turn it off. The Sport has plenty of power to haul the weight from a stand still or changing lanes without the higher shift points.
  10. J

Split Armrest Issue

Same Tear 2013 Sport with 21K Noticed it yesterday, did not call dealer yet. Wanted to see if anyone else had the issue here. And OF COURSE they do! I am trading this **** box in this weekend!
  11. J

Really? I haven't heard of anyone having a problem. Haha Read some of the posts.
  12. J

Just be careful what their advice is. They might try to down play it and the next thing you know your out of warranty and then the costs are out of your pocket then.
  13. J

I can't really tell from that picture. Does it feel hard like a weld or does it feel like a paint bubble? From the 2015's I saw on t he lot that are starting I never opened a hood. I ran my fingerss along the lip. If I felt a bump or rough spot that car will have a problem.
  14. J

Told you their customer service is the best. Rolling eyes!
  15. J

Don't even bother contacting cystal. All she can do is push this the the regional service rep. If Ford said no to the dealership the answer is no. You will only be more pissed off taking Peters advice to start contacting people at Ford. Their customer service is garbage. But Ford does offer a 50...
  16. J

The ones that had it covered outside of warranty were covered by the dealership not Ford.
  17. J

Paint Issues - Non Hood

Doesn't seem to be a major problem? Read through all the people having problems. Walk the dealer lots and take notice at the problems the 2015 are having. They knew about this is 2012. Ridiculous! And to not take care of people at 36,100 miles is even more ridiculous. Never again will I buy a Ford.
  18. J

154 Miles with Issues

First rule in buying these new Fords. Go home and tighten all hose clamps. I had clamps that were finger tight. Start reading all the problems you will soon be having with your new Explorer below.
  19. J

Oh and they will not give me a new hood. They claim Ford is aware of the issue and have detailed instructions to give to the body guys so this will not happen again. Lol I was born at night but not lastnight. I was going to buy the new F 150, not anymore. As soon as the Ex is done it's getting...
  20. J

Everyone make sure you check your hoods. I went to the dealership and they are going to fix my hood. While I was there I walked the lot and found 6 2015 explorers that are starting to bubble. If you feel any roughness along your hood you will have this problem.
  21. J

Mine too I just noticed today that I too have many paint bubbles in the same area of the hood on my 13 Sport. The problems are from the edge of the headlight closest to the driver door all the way across to the other side. It has 19K miles and is not garage kept in PA. But I see even those that...
  22. J

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

I unclipped one clip that was holding the temp sensor wire to another group of wires and I then had plenty of room to make the connection. I didn't have to cut or splice any wires. Again to the guy that sent his back, all you had to do is un clip one clip and it would have fit. I know you are...
  23. J

Painting or Plastic Dip Door handles

Well its been about a year and the handles still look really good. Sorry I haven't been on in a while.
  24. J

Hood Lettering

Well I'm glad you see your mistake. And you couldn't come up with any other pics then those $hit quality ones?
Back