Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Rear Brakes - too much brake dust - dragging?

I have approx 1300 miles on my 2017 XLT w/20" rims and have noticed that the LR rim always has more brake dust then any of the other rims. The RR comes in second and the fronts have very little. Seems to me that the fronts should exhibit more brake dust as they provide more of the braking. I...
  2. T

2017 XLT Stereo Disappointed....

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions. I am going to the dealer tomorrow for some service work and will listen to another model with the same sound system just to make sure it is not something in my system. Assuming they sound the same, I'll complain to the salesman which will do no good...
  3. T

Thanks for the reply and link to the thread. Interesting read. It just kills me that you spend 40K on a vehicle and the sound system is horrible...... But in the end it is my fault for not listening closely to the audio before I committed to buy. If I had I can pretty much guarantee I would not...
  4. T

Nice install! A bit more involved then I want to get though..... Hindsight being what it is, I probably should have looked for a model with the Sony system. Thanks, Tom
  5. T

I've had my 2017 for about a month now and I can honestly sat that the stereo in the 2008 XLT I got out of for the 2017 was MUCH better sounding. I didn't even think to listen to the stereo when we test drove it. I just assumed that being a newer model with the SYNC system that the audio quality...
  6. T

Key FOBs program but won't work

I had some time today to work on this a bit more. Tried disconnecting the battery but this time it made no difference. Reprogrammed the FOBs after reconnecting the battery. Each programmed just fine, but still would not lock/unlock the car after exiting program mode. I have all three factory...
  7. T

Well, it worked for ONE day. This morning I went to get in the vehicle and neither FOB worked............... again............... So, looks lie disconnecting the battery was a Band-Aid. Any more ideas on how to fix this for good? Tom
  8. T

I finally got some free time today so I disconnected the battery for a minute or so. I took the opportunity to clean the battery terminals. Reconnected and the FOBs now work. Thanks for the suggestion FROADER. Tom
  9. T

Good idea. I'll give it a shot and report back. Thanks
  10. T

2008 Explorer. Two key fobs both stopped working at the same time. Reprogrammed the remotes as a pair, they both work during reprogramming. Cycle key 8 times, locks cycle, press remote button, locks cycle, turn ignition off, locks cycle. Press button on either remote, nothing happens. Repeat...
  11. T

2008 Nav unit differences

New to the forum...... Recently bought a very clean 2008 XLT with 34k miles. It has the premium sound system but I'd like to install the factory NAV unit. I have noticed two types, one with chrome rings on the knobs, one without. My existing radio has the chrome rings. My car does not have...
Back