Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

For Sale New 2nd Gen 5.0 Radiator (TYC)

New, unused, but has sat out of box in a (clean) barn with plugs over fluid ports. Some very small 'dents' in the cooling fins, but nothing that would affect operation. Comes with adapters and radiator cap, will cut off before shipping. $50 shipped, OBO. PM for pictures
  2. T

Add Aftermarket Subwoofer Amp to OEM MACH Test your Mach audio knowledge!

This isnt really an explorer question, but I believe the Mach audio system between explorer/expedition is the same. Besides, how could I not ask the extremely helpful and knowledgeable member base here before I go join another lesser forum??;) I am installing an aftermarket...
  3. T

'Strange' PCM behavior

In an attempt to satiate my incessant curiosity about the explorer computer and it's operation, i intentionally unplugged the cylinder 3 injector while replacing my intake gaskets. Typically, one would expect a misfire code be stored, in this case P0303. To my initial surprise, it did not...
  4. T

5.0 Cam

So I've been gathering parts n things for my engine swap and I have a few questions about cams. My truck MAY be lifted on 33's with 4.56 gears, so I want a nice powerful 5.0. What do you all think of slapping the Comp Cams Xtreme Energy XE270HR cam in there? It would likely be partnered (further...
  5. T

4406 TOD discussion

I have been researching the differences between explorer and expedition/f-150 four wheel drive systems in the hopes of discovering the key to unlocking the mechanically locked four wheel drive of the 4406 transfer case. In this research I have found that between the 3 position switch system of...
  6. T

Coolant bypass valve questions

In preparing for my future v8 swap I have been looking at sisters 2000 5.0 to learn the differences and gather a parts 'shopping list'. I noticed that the heater hoses are routed differently and it has a coolant by pass valve. My current SOHC lacks this valve. Why is that? It is also present on...
  7. T

Body lift questions

I am considering a 3" body lift and 1.5" TT/shackle on my 2000 but i have a few questions. 1) tire sizes- i know i can fit 33's but what about the spare? Will it fit in the stock location with a hidden hitch also installed? Will 33"x10.5" R15's fit stock wheels? Im looking at the BFGoodrich all...
  8. T

Front End Rebuild-brakes,ball joint,shock,hub bearing,tie rods (Lots of Pictures!!)

Initially I planned to make about 10 seperate how to threads for this, but to make my life easier I decided to split it into only 2: front and rear. The rear will come in the next month or two. This applies to all 1996 to 2001 four wheel drive explorers and explorer sports. I am not sure about...
  9. T

Mike's 2000 XLT Registry

My truck is a white 2000 XLT SOHC 4x4 with just under 151,000 miles. I have unfortunately done many things to it that have not been documented, but I will take pictures of them and add them in the next few days/weeks. My registry, as with all registries will document everything I have done, am...
  10. T

Amsoil Dual Remote By-Pass Kit Install (pictures)

This is the first of many how to threads I will be making in the coming weeks, including: 1) Front shocks 2) emergency brake system overhaul 3) rear pinion seal replacement 4) differential fluid change 5) rear axle bearing and seal replacement 6) inner and outer tie rods 7) brake fluid change...
  11. T

5.0 swap

My stock 4.0 SOHC has about 151,000 miles on it, and has had no major issues. I plan to take this engine to its very last mile, however I'd like to start planning ahead. I would love to put a v8 in when my 4.0 dies. I love the reliability of the 5.0 andtyne 4r70w. I have thought about everything...
  12. T

Revised: Fog Light Mod

I recently did the fog light mod on my 2000 4x4 XLT and i thought i would share my experiences to give back for all the help you guys have given me. I based it loosely off of PghBill's post 79 in this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31137&page=4 While performing...
  13. T

Fuel delivery problem (I think)

I recently obtained a 2000 explorer xlt 4.0 SOHC with 149,000 miles. Put new leaf springs, radiator, rear shocks, front axle seals, spark plugs and wires, and changed all fluids (except transmission). New tranny put in at 120,000 miles (5R55E), only thing I thought I had left to do was replace...
Back