Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

would a bad solenoid pack cause these symptoms?

when i put it in drive its delayed but it does engage and will move forward at idle but when u give it gas it just slips... you can hear the whole tranny slipping? same with reverse and every other gear... rebuilt the trans so its got all new clutches and seals and rubbers... after i rebuilt it...
  2. D

what are some symptoms of low fluid level¿

What are some symptoms of low fluid level as well as high fluid level in a 5r55?
  3. D

Rebuilt my trans but have a code and it won't read?

rebuilt my trans and still getting a trans code... pressing the button still activates and deactivates overdrive but i'm still getting the code... the code comes on as soon as the vehicle is started but is not on when the key is on ACC. i'm using a good code reader but it dosen't pull...
  4. D

do i have to soak soleniod block in fluid prior to install?

The internal harness meaning the trans harness or the vehicle wiring going to fuse 37?
  5. D

Alright thanks... had a 2nd and 5th gear issue that ended up being a broken overdrive servo and delayed engagement due to the pump valve both of which were fixed and i took the trans apart at that time and cleaned everything and put it back together. the original problems were fixed but 4th and...
  6. D

Have seen it done both ways... wat is correct soak it fluid or not
  7. D

anyone every get transmission parts from here?

Need a valve body and possible solenoid block for my 5r55w and came across this site...www.fordtrans.com They claim a 5 yr warenty and said he'd warenty the solenoid block from any issues. Anyone ever heard of them?
  8. D

2002 Explorer 4.6 engine swap from a 2003?

Paid 300$ with 80k for my town car 4.6l ..
  9. D

Possible transmission vacuum line issue?

I build tranmissions all day at work and just personally pulled and rebuilt my own mountaineer tranny.. there is no trans oil dipstick and there are no vacuum lines to the trans. You have an engine issue not a trans issue which is self explanatory since you just did motor work and it was fine...
  10. D

'04 Explorer: changed EGR valve, now it won't start.

It seems like a vacuum leak to me... if you still cant pin point it spray starting fluid or brake cleaner around the back of the motor where the vacuum lines are and if it revs up u know somewhat where it is.
  11. D

2002 Ford Explorer - Rear A/C Issue - STUMPED!!

After that last comment no wonder why no one wants to help... im reluctant to suggest anything to you for being a d1ck... Try hooking the blower motor directly up to the battery could be a bad motor. Did you hook up the old motor to a battery and see if it was even bad? Id check your wiring...
  12. D

U more than likely have an engine issue with a misfire or vacuum leak since you are getting a check engine light and not a overdrive flashing...use scanner and check code
  13. D

Your 04 shouldnt have a trans fluid dipstick its filled and checked thru the pan.. you probably were low on engine oil and just added trans fluid to it Second trans has no vacuum lines what so ever
  14. D

2002 Explorer 4.6 engine swap from a 2003?

Yes they are the same no difference.. can also search my thread for using a town car 4.6
  15. D

transmission question

Ya because the resetting the computer solves all problems and the transmission is powered entirely by electrical impulses right... oh wait its not just because a problem still occurs after you "reset the computer" dosent mean its not a hard part failure... again check servos in particular the...
  16. D

transmission question

Check servo and solenoid pack
  17. D

05 Explorer 4.6L Starter removal problem

Go from the very front by the radiator and use extensions n snake it back the and use your hand to guide the.socket onto the bolt... fyi u dont have to put that bolt back in... didnt put mine back in on my mounty and also didnt put it back in on my 600hp mustang and have no problems.
  18. D

Major torque converter failure

I can top that its of an Allison MD automatic at work that i was tearing down and the carrier had melted into the case looked like it had been towed with the driveshaft in while seized up had to junk the whole case impossible to get out.
  19. D

Transmission/PCM Question

Take it back to he dealer and say wtf my **** is still messed up whats going on?
  20. D

Transmission/PCM Question

Really are you even asking this question again...take it to another damn shop...how does that not cross your mind...all shops arnt honest including dealers...go to another reputable shop and have them test it shouldnt be more than a simple diagnostic fee and go from there. If its bad replace it...
  21. D

TCC valve removal in 5r55w

No trans is out of vehicle and ive already rebuilt the internals and now going over r the valve body and noticed a sticky TCC valve and would like to change it to be safe. Valve body is out of vehicle and.clip is out
  22. D

What else - another transmission

No i just tore it apart at work and figured it out as i went (i work at a big shop that remanufacters allison truck and industrial trannys so once use built one they all are pretty much the same) i would have either called Transtar or gotten one off ebay though.. i just looked up torque specs...
  23. D

TCC valve removal in 5r55w

Need to replace my TCC valve but i can get it out..ive removed the clip but the plug that holds the valve in isnt moving at all... is there a trick to getting it out?
Back