Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Tire sensor fault

Thanks!, do you have the link?, 30 buck is a great deal
  2. F

Tire sensor fault

Can these sensors be fixed outside the dealer? Dealer charging 300+ for this, there must be a better way, or am I stuck with dealer? Thanks
  3. F

Tire sensor fault

Hello, I recently got a low tire pressure error on the dash and took it to be checked out at a tire shop, it was a very small puncture from a small nail or something, the ship patched the tire, but after they finished the low tire pressure icon did not go away, i thought maybe after running...
  4. F

HELP ERRORS P0135, P0141, P0155, P0161, P0403, P0443 check envine light on

you can get cheap ones on ebay, but first make sure your PCM is bad, and also make sure you get the correct part number for your car, it's in the dash i think, i did not take it out so I do not know where it is, maybe someone here can answer that Thanks
  5. F

Hello, yeah sorry for not posting, but when i took it to the dealer they said the car computer PCM was at fault and needed to be replaced, so i went to a junkyard and got the same one as my car (CA compliant) and had it replaced, fine ever since, so check that out and have them check each part...
  6. F

Does anyone know the PCM part number for a 2006 EX??

Thanks for the reply!, I need the CA compliant PCM, and the quote is installed, I need the CA compliant and I did see the part number on the website, but it's not the whole part number since I will be getting it third party, but they are asking me for the whole part number, with the numbers at...
  7. F

Does anyone know the PCM part number for a 2006 EX??

Hello, my Ex has a bad PCM, so i need to replace it, but I need to know the part complete part number, the dealer wants to charge me 1500 dlls to replace, I know the part number is 12A650, but I need the whole number the one like "6l2x-12A650-xxxx" It's a 2006 ford explorer 4.0L 6Cyl...
  8. F

Thanks!! I'll try to find it, Will post back what I find
  9. F

2006 Back Up Camera Addition

Thanks! can I just take whatever line I find? Since I Installed the camera just how you did, I wouldn't want to cause a short with another line, If I run a line from the battery, would I just send it direct? sorry for my questions but I am not very familiar with electrical installations Thanks!
  10. F

Hi Stic-o, I also have a 06 explorer, and I actually did install the power to the reverse light, My EX does not have a subwoofer, where should I get power from? after re-reading your post I would like to change from where I get power, but need to know what could I use, Thanks!
  11. F

Thanks Flag Gibby, Do you know what fuses would be the ones that are for the sensors, EGR and EVAP? Thanks!
  12. F

I was there with the mechanic, he checked all the lines, took down the gas tank and checked those lines, then checked the lines that go to the engine, everything was fine, he said, so now he says that a major short must of caused the sensors to fail at once, but I did not experience that, I did...
  13. F

Hi, thanks for the reply, my engine does not buckle nor fail, i have a 4.0, 6 cyl engine RWD, i took it to a mechanic, says there is no mechanical failure, only the heater sensor on the O2 sensors and the evap and egr sensors Thanks
  14. F

Thanks for the reply, I will do just that, but it seems weird that all of a sudden all these problems just showed up, also do you know the part numbers for the o2 sensors? i think they are DY-835 and DY-1093, do I need to buy 2 of each? Thanks!
  15. F

OBD-II Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)

Great list of errors, I am getting P0135, P0141, P0155, P0161, P0403 and P0443, could this be because of a short or blown fuse? these appeared all of a sudden, and I don't think that this would just go down all of a sudden, my 06 explorer does not have any mechanical malfunction Thanks!
  16. F

Hello, I have a 2006 Explorer, and recently my check engine light turned on all of a sudden, and I took it to be checked out and found out that it six errors, P0135 and P0141, P0155 and P0161 (O2 sensors, Heat circuit) and P0403 (EGR) and P0443 (EVAP), the car is not mechanically failing...
  17. F

Head Unit reserve accessory power

So i did buy a cheap camera, but just because it is a chrome camera, it was 20 buces shipped from ebay, i got a chrome one so it matched the chrome detail on the back of the x (2006 XLT), so it looks pretty good on the back its a model E366 from ebay, this is the link...
  18. F

Hey Brainded, Thanks very much for your detailed description, great to hear it all went well, but if dimmer does not work that well, I would only be interested in the RAP as I do not have steering wheel controls, I will think about that. I do not have the problem with the overly sensitive...
  19. F

Hi Brainded, hope everything goes well with the installation, please post back on how it when and if it was hard to install, I do not have the PAC adapter, I just installed it directly with a relay to be able to view videos and not have to have the parking break on, I did install a rearview...
  20. F

Double Din Stereo replacment

Hi, Which one do I need to install to keep Reserve accessory power, and dim feature for an AVH-p3400bh, i already installed it with a backup camera, but miss turning off the ignition and still listening to the stereo, also, at night the new HU is quite bright and kind of distracting so I would...
  21. F

Interior paint color code?

Hi, Does anyone know what the interior trim code "VL" is? looks like tan/camel/greyish, it's a 2006 ford explorer XLT leather seats, exterior color is JP=silver metallic birch, but I cannot find what that code means Thanks!
  22. F

I installed an AVH-P3400BH Pioneer, but loved the reserve accesory power feature on the original radio, is there any way to keep it with the new head unit? or is there an adapter i need to install also? I installed it with rearview backup camera, also i would like to keep the dim feature Thanks!
  23. F

Hi, Great post, but how did you run the cables from inside the door? I am new to the forum and want to do this exact same set up, i don't know if to get a license plate camera or the one you have there, I would appreciate if you could explain how you did it, and also how to set it up to have it...
  24. F

Hello, new to forum

Hello to all, Hope you are doing fine, I am new to this forum and I joined because all the great info I saw posted when I did Google searches, I have 4 Explorers, 97 XLT, 99 XLT, 05 XLT and 06 XLT, I never install anything aftermarket but am looking to begin with a stereo and that is why I...
Back