Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Rough idle & dies, Wont move forward

Just another update for everyone... I put the new Dorman Fuel Pump Driver Module in today. My truck is running as it was before the break down. My module was in rough shape when it was removed and I was planning to replace it regardless if it was my main issue or not as it was in HORRIBLE...
  2. C

Thanks for sharing your experiances! I am going to replace the driver module just due to its corrosion level. If the truck is still having issues, I will then trouble shoot the Inertia switch. Thanks again Chris,
  3. C

Recent update, I pulled the Fuel Pump Driver Module FPDM. As usual from what I see its blown out on the aluminium side. There is about a 1" circular part of the housing missing, the exposed part of the electronics board is also black and it smells horrible, but that could be corrosion based...
  4. C

Also, I am wondering if folks might have some information on how I can electronically test my Fuel pump & FPDM. Also, a link to a fuel pressure gauge that will work for my Sport Trac would be appriecated. I dont want to spend the $$$ that ford recommmends for the gauge to check pressure, I am...
  5. C

Some updates for the helpful folks that have been following... I had a friend come over, he cycled the key while I listened for the fuel pump, from the passengers side I couldn't hear it, we tried twice, then I said well give it a shot, so he turned the truck over, it fired and idled as...
  6. C

By chance, do you know how to test the FPDM. I cant seem to find anything in my ford books on how to test the FPDM.
  7. C

STA 20" Backspace and Bolt Diameter?

Do you happen to know the bolt spacing? 5x.... as wellm what would the back spacing be with a 44mm offset?
  8. C

STA 20" Backspace and Bolt Diameter?

Anyone happen to have the backspacing and bolt diameter for the stock 20" STA rims? Same ones in the photo below. Cheers! http://image.motortrend.com/f/features/auto_news/9511911/112_0710_01z%2B2008_ford_sport_trac_adrenalin%2Bfront_view.jpg
  9. C

Scanner for 09' STA 4.6L

Im in a little town, auto parts stores are non existant for about 2 hr round trip :) This scanner will read and clear codes it says. Anyone with OBDII experiance that can confirm this would be a sufficent scanner for me...
  10. C

No code reader availabe at this time. I had a brain fart doing the filter. I should have left the feed side line off and put the key to the on position to see if it was pumping... Am I correct in assuming if I put the key into my STA, and turn it to the 2nd position (On) just before turning...
  11. C

2009 STA No Start

Where abouts is this module located BannonJr?
  12. C

Scanner for 09' STA 4.6L

Hey all, I have an 09 STA that wont start for me. I am not sure if it is showing codes? Not sure how to tell but I was thinking about picking up a basic scanner so I can see the codes so I can try to figure my truck out... Can anyone suggest a code reader that will be good enough for my...
  13. C

Just replaced the fuel filter. Truck still wont start. I will have to investigate other ways to check the truck
  14. C

Hey all 2009 Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin 4.6L. Driving home yesterday with cruise control on, truck started to sputter and slow so I took it out of cruise and pulled off the road as the truck died. I checked oil level etc and restarted, it idled roughly for a minute or so and died. I tried...
  15. C

09 Sport Trac Sunroof Leak/Drain Tubes?

Thanks, I will have a look and see if I can find it. Do you recall if it was in this section of the forums or another? Cheers! Chris,
  16. C

09 Sport Trac Sunroof Leak/Drain Tubes?

Hi all, Just wondering where the drain tubes are located at the sunroof in an 09 sport trac? Also, where do the sunroof drain(s) end up draining out from? I can see water dripping in when it rans in the left rear corner of the sunroof seal but cant tell where it drains out to. Also...
  17. C

09' Adrenalin - Weird shift to 3rd sometimes

have you experianced this exact issue before due to tire size differences i also wonder why it hasnt shown up under normal driving and only going down to 3rd gear.
  18. C

09' Adrenalin - Weird shift to 3rd sometimes

I just noticed recently that when down shifting from drive to 3rd 90% of the time it goes fine, but a few times it seems to partly go into 3rd but i get a pulsing feeling that feels like its trying to get into that gear, it pulses every second or so. I did recently get new rear tires, old...
  19. C

09' Sport Trac Adrenaline AWD Brake Job Help

Thanks Bluez I will give that a shot, what do the anti rattle clips look like?
  20. C

im at 120,000km on first parts still. Due to my location and where ill be doing the brake job, its not worth getting the rotors turned and due to the grooving in the rotors im not really into introducing new pads to the old rotors so buying new rotors cost the same as having the rotors turned...
  21. C

Just had a look at the rear brakes the other day before the rain hit... Im still on the original pads and rotors but its time to change it up. I have all the parts needed, brake pads and rotors for both the front and the rear... I took the rear tire off and noticed 2 little clip things on...
  22. C

09' Sport Trac Adrenalin - Ford Workshop Manuals

great, thanks for the info!
  23. C

09' Sport Trac Adrenalin - Ford Workshop Manuals

I see a few sets of ford workshop manuals on ebay, apparently the ford dealerships use these books. I have an 09 sport trac and its time for me to take on the truck myself and I am looking for a good set of manuals to help show me the way Just wanted to see who else here uses these manuals...
Back