Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

problems starting that requires carb cleaner to start

Thank you for helping me out with this any ides on rigging something up to measure before the filter
  2. B

Ok so i broke down and bought a new fuel gauge. With the key on remembering that the fuel pumpalways runs the most pressure it read was 15 psi. Is there an orifice any where in the system thought could be clogged? You mentioned something about a hose your talking about pulling the fuel tank...
  3. B

Can any think of any sensors that might cause some stupid problems like this?
  4. B

so i tried a different ecu samething it started on the carb cleaner would stay running with me holding the gas at medium rpms for about 20 secondsl then it would just try to die if i pumped the gas it would stay running crapy at around 1000 rpms then die i purged the fuel system but dont have a...
  5. B

All of them are rusted thoughon the bottom side
  6. B

Just pulled the ecu all one of the capistors has a broke lead is would you think thats repairable or should i just replace it
  7. B

Oh i forgot to mention i had to straight wire the fuel pump because as soon as you put a fuel pump fuse in it blows the fuse
  8. B

front driveshaft

I'd be interested to know if it does increase im kinda leaning towards no beacause your front diff is goin to be turning th only way to get around that would be to remove the hubs ( not a good idea ) but woth driveshafy out 2 lo is pretty fun
  9. B

I have its pumping 35 psi to the fuel rail. Ill try the ecu this after noon are you saying the terminals might just be dirty were the wires connect?
  10. B

Thank you to anyone with advice. I have a 93 sport it takes carb cleaner or starter luid to get it running but once you get it running you to play with the gas for 15 minutes to keep it running if it will stay running once it finally smoothes out and idles on its own and revs up clean it runs...
  11. B

Fuel gauge misreading

I dont know if yours is the same problem but my gas gage messed up on me and it turned out to be the float which i ended up replacing with a new fuel pump set up my fuel pump was bad though so it just happened to work out for me that i fixed 2 birds with one stone
  12. B

Heater blowing COLD air!

When you move the switch from cold to hot you should here something move you might be able to get under the hood and try to.manually switch it from cold to hot by the firewall
  13. B

Who's Here From Florida?

Hey everybody. Im from tallahassee i have a modded explorer ill try to post pics tommorow it is a 93 sport 6 inch lift 33x12.50 bfg mud terrains pace setter headers skyjacker shocks axle over in the back. It has some problems right now but when it runs its a beast in the mud
Back