Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Air Bag Light suddenly came on?!?!?

I d google the code 4-2 for your year of explorer and see what comes up. Radio probably just needs replaced.
  2. N

03 ranger 3.0 miss under acceleration.

hi. my truck runs pretty well considering it has 185k. it has a rough idle, which may or may not contribute to this problem: it accelerates fine until it warms up, then if i step on it to pass someone or merge onto the interstate, it falls on its face somewhere between 3 and 4000 rpms. it does...
  3. N

What Tranny can I use???

miss I checked the fuel filter, it looks new. Will a code reader at a parts store identify a bad coil if there's no engine light?
  4. N

What Tranny can I use???

Hey guys, got an 03 ranger edge supercab. The Tranny is slipping in overdrive...its more of a jerk at high speed. I searched on fordparts.com by vin number and they say I've got the 5R55E. My question is can I use slightly different trannies like a 4r55e, a 5r44e, or a 5r55e from a newer ranger...
  5. N

Air Bag Light suddenly came on?!?!?

another code 4-6 resolved Just got an 03 ranger edge 4x2 super cab. Restraint warning light came on the very next day. Read this thread, unplugged the connector and cleaned it...problem solved!
  6. N

Spark Plug broke off...kinda

More desperation than bravery. Already tried a breaker bar with no luck. It was either pull the head and drill it out, break the extractor off then pull the head and drill it out, or get it out.
  7. N

Got it! Used a fluted extractor (the square kind) and found a 12 point socket that fit on it tight..then used extensions and an impact wrench. thanks for the tips.
  8. N

doing some maintenance stuff to my 97 V8 AWD. One of my plugs broke. the ceramic part came out clean, but the metal threaded part is still in there. I've been trying a regular extractor...no luck. I tried heating it with a propane torch too, but I don't know if it's getting hot enough. Anyone...
  9. N

Spark plug stuck

Will that tool work on a 302?
  10. N

00 Merc Mounty v8 not starting

Got it! After buying a new starter, cashing in on my battery warranty, buying a new relay, and finally calling in reinforcements (my Dad); I discovered they sold me a bad starter. I'll spare you all the details, but the moral of the story: If you buy a re-man starter, have it tested at least...
  11. N

'97 5.0 won't start

Wow! The exact same thing happened to me. Just took it in for my second test today...my dad was with me, he had them hit it 2 more times because he said it didn't sound right. The third time it tested bad. I got a new one, had it tested multiple times, put it on and she fired right up...
  12. N

'97 5.0 won't start

Ok, 3 days ago the truck started and ran just fine. The next day I came out to start it and let it warm up and all I got was a click. Everything electrical turned on and seemed to work fine (no lights dimming etc.). I pulled the starter off (FYI, the starter bolts are 3/8-16 thread, even though...
  13. N

00 Merc Mounty v8 not starting

ramp cheat Next time jack the truck up and put a ramp under the wheel, then pull the jack out... :) My switch wire is definitely suspect...I had to splice it on because I opted for the 'post' starter instead of the 'spade' starter (two different styles of connecting the switch...
  14. N

5.0 engine squeak: Not the belt!

still going. .. Its been almost a year and mine is still squeak free.
  15. N

ABS Heeelllllp!

O
  16. N

For Sale 95-01 Explorer Parts for SALE

head swap I'd say yes, maybe with some slight mods. You also might want to try cross referencing his ex and yours on crutchfield.com to see if the same receivers fit both.
  17. N

For Sale 95-01 Explorer Parts for SALE

did you install the manifold yourself? the link says that one fits 98-01ish, I have a 97 XLT with the older tube-style manifold. I've heard it can be upgraded to the newer cast iron version, but some mods need to be made (oil filler tube or dipstick, I can't remember which one has to be moved.)
  18. N

I tried some grease at first, but I'm pretty sure it was too heavy. I just took the cam sensor off again and poured a cap full of transmission fluid in...seems to have worked.
  19. N

Mystery squeak I have the same suspicious squeak coming from my 302. I'm going to try the grease thing tonight. Thanks!
  20. N

'99 5.0 AWD Front Driveshaft Options?

I know this thread is really old, but I'm about to join the fun. thanks for the advice.
Back