Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. noXcuses12

Ordering a Explorer??!

I've only purchased new vehicles from dealer inventory. I see the 21's are trickling out, but not sure when one will arrive locally with the options that I want. I assume I could walk into my friendly neighborhood Ford dealer and ask to order one? Do you pay more when ordering vs. buying off...
  2. noXcuses12

Get 2020 Deal or wait?

Yes! You are correct! It was bait and I fell for it. I would rather a dealer be honest about it but some are stuck in the old ways of car sales.
  3. noXcuses12

Get 2020 Deal or wait?

You are correct.. the ford rebates were one or the other. They had a "dealer discount" that was $9750. Then the Ford discounts after that. I ended up passing on the deal... This dealership has to be the most dishonest I've ever ever dealt with. I went a few rounds with them and walked...
  4. noXcuses12

Get 2020 Deal or wait?

A dealer near me has about 13K off the sticker of a 20- Limited with 4wd and towing pkg. This is the cheapest I’ve seen that model anywhere. Coupled with 0% financing it appears to be a great deal. The Sticker has a 8/20/20 date on it. It this late production 20 safe from the transmission...
  5. noXcuses12

Transmission Shifting

Overall I'm happy with the mileage. Just checking if there was a quick easy way to reset the shiftpoint to yeild an extra MPG or two.
  6. noXcuses12

Transmission Shifting

I wish that was an adjustable setting in the Adaptive CC menu. How aggressive the acceleration back to setpoint is. My mileage on the trip dropped quite a bit due to cars moving in and out of lane. The transmission would down shift to 4th to catch back up when a gradual increase would have...
  7. noXcuses12

Transmission Shifting

I've noticed my MPG getting worse as I put more miles on ex. It feels like the shift points are changing to a higher RPM. I've read that these points are calculated by computer and adapts to driving style. I recently took a 500mile trip which I used the adaptive cruise control. I noticed...
  8. noXcuses12

Excessive Dealer Fees

I found a line item for Nitrogen filling of tires for 50 bucks!! I was told that all cars that leave the dealership are required.. I replyed " I guess this explorer wont be leaving the dealership today." They took the amount off the sticker. I think Nitrogen in tires is a big scam. I...
  9. noXcuses12

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

I thought about getting the DVD headreast with my Ex.. At almost 2k thought it would be better and less expensive to buy a couple tablets for the kids. Load em up with all the games and movies they like and go. The best part is they can take them out of the car and no wires to hookup. Seemed...
  10. noXcuses12

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

My 2013 Limitied with 1100 miles has the smell randomly. Out of a dozen hard accelerations total, about 3 have produced the smell.
  11. noXcuses12

Husky / Weathertech mats - Group Buy

That's what happens when the Fed prints 40 Billion a month! Look for everything to jump up in price to catch up with the rapidly deflating dollar.
  12. noXcuses12

MPG on new Explorer body style

A major factor in mileage is the ethanol content of the gas. The more ethanol in the gas the lower your mpg will be. In most places they are allowed to have up to 10% ethanol in regular gas. I've found depending on the gas station I fill up at my mileage will vary. There are several gas...
  13. noXcuses12

2013 explorer whistle noise coming from engine bay.

I noticed a whistling noise today too. I turned off the radio and was trying to locate where it was coming from. I have a 2013 Limited with about 700 miles.
  14. noXcuses12

MPG on new Explorer body style

So far with 700 miles, I'm getting right at 22mpg with a FWD V6 Limited. That has been a 50/50 mix of city/hwy driving.
  15. noXcuses12

Polished Wheel Caps

Why does the stock polished rims come with painted caps in the center of the wheel. I think it looks funny. Does anyone sell polished ones or can you polish the ones on it to match the rim?
  16. noXcuses12

2013 Limited with 2nd row bench?

I actually wanted the 2nd row buckets and had a hard time finding one. Most of Limiteds on the lots had Benches!
  17. noXcuses12

Efficent way of searching for New Explorer...?

I did research up front and found the lots who had the configuration I wanted. I went to the closes dealer and said THIS is what I want (knowing he would have to get it from another lot). He gave me his absolute bottom line price which I wasn't too happy with. I went to the dealer that had...
  18. noXcuses12

Efficent way of searching for New Explorer...?

There really isn't a good way to do it.. Here is what I thought was best... Ford.com --> Crossover & SUV --> Explorer --> Search Dealer Inventory.. This allows you to put in zip codes which will bring up more dealers. I got a zip code map and put in zip codes of the regions I was...
  19. noXcuses12

New Navigation Card? (A4)

Picked up 2013 Ex last week and found it has 3.2.2 update (A3 card). The main problem I'm experiencing is the person I talk to on phone hearing me. They say it sounds like I'm out in the wind even though windows are closed. I've tried with a different phone with the same problem. Does the...
  20. noXcuses12

Base Price has increased on '13 Explorer?

They had a price increase around end of Oct early Nov. There were two exactly configured Limiteds on the lot one was $270 more than other. I asked why and the dealer said they had price increase. They don't replace the window sticker it seems, so it's probably based on mfg date. They newer...
  21. noXcuses12

Picking up Explorer Tomorrow!

I’ll be picking up a 2013 Explorer Limited with 302A package tomorrow. I wanted to get some help on what to look for or test before I drive off the lot? Of course I’m taking my flashlight and going over that thing like on CSI.. I plan to inspect Bumper to Bumper for possible issues. Are...
  22. noXcuses12

301A or 302A???

I've decided on a 2013 Limited, but can't make up my mind on the 301A or 302A option packages. I know the park assist will rarely be used if at all. Are the lane keep-departure and adaptive cruise with collision warning really worth the extra expense? Do any of you use it? Also, What does...
Back