Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Head gasket repair cost

Shop labor
  2. I

Head gasket repair cost

About how much would it cost to repair a head gasket leak on a 1997 Ford Explorer 5.0L V8 OHV engine?
  3. I

Moisture Around Sunroof Headliner (Ceiling)

Okay, I'll try what you said (except for the caulking). Thank you for your help.
  4. I

Moisture Around Sunroof Headliner (Ceiling)

There is moisture around the sunroof headliner on my 1997 Ford Explorer. I have checked the drain tubes and they are clear. I have also checked the seal and that is in good condition. It has not rained in my area frequently and the Explorer has been garage-kept, but the headliner is still wet.
  5. I

Question: 1997 Explorer Aftermarket 6-CD Changer Radio

I have the OEM radio in my 1997 Ford Explorer with 6-CD changer and cassette. Is it possible to replace it with an aftermarket 6-CD changer in which the CD changer is within the main unit? What I'm looking for is something similar to the 2005 Explorer XLT CD changer...
  6. I

Driver window moves slowly in cold weather, auto-down doesn't always work

When the weather is cold, the driver window on my 1997 Ford Explorer moves slowly. If I use the Auto Down feature, the window will stop and I have to keep pressing it to get the window completely down. This happens even when I've had the heat on for a while. The other windows move down at the...
  7. I

Driver seat recliner handle broke off, seeking replacement and install instructions

The driver seat recliner handle broke off my 1997 Ford Explorer XLT and I was wondering if anyone knows of a place where I can order a replacement, preferably online. I don't want to go to the Ford dealer because my Explorer's warranty expired years ago and I can't afford to pay for parts and...
  8. I

Floor vents not working

I have manual controls.
  9. I

Floor vents not working

The floor vents in my Explorer do not work. If I turn them on, some heat comes out the defroster. I don't use the vent for heat because I don't want hot air blowing in my face. Lately, I've been using the defroster, but I don't like using that for heat all the time because it runs the...
  10. I

Compressor clutch turns off for 6 seconds, then turns back on

Yes, the windows are free of fog. :)
  11. I

Compressor clutch turns off for 6 seconds, then turns back on

The compressor on my 1997 Explorer sometimes turns off for 6 seconds and turns back on. The weather is cold in my area. I can't use the floor vents because they don't work, so I use defrost or the dashboard vents, mostly defrost for heat.
  12. I

Alarm Sounds When Using Key in Door

I normally use my key fob to unlock my 1997 Explorer, but one time, I used the key in the driver door. While I was unlocking it, the "THEFT" light was flashing very fast. When I opened the door, the alarm went off.
  13. I

Rear A/C does not work

My 1997 Ford Explorer has rear vents and I noticed that when the A/C is turned on in the back, the fan makes a knocking noise and no air comes out. What's causing this problem and is there a non-costly way to fix it?
  14. I

Front speakers turn on and off randomly

Yes, I do get static. So far, I've only noticed the static on the driver speaker. Where is the factory amp and how did you bypass it?
  15. I

Hello

Thank you 1ATony!
  16. I

1997 Ford Explorer XLT

Here is my 1997 Ford Explorer XLT.
  17. I

Front speakers turn on and off randomly

The front speakers in my 1997 Ford Explorer turn on and off randomly, sometimes when I go over a bump, and sometimes for no apparent reason. The speaker on the driver door had a rip in it. I replaced both of the original front speakers with Daewoo speakers, which look exactly like the original...
  18. I

Hello

Hello, my name is Ray (username: ilvny) and I drive a 1997 Ford Explorer XLT with AWD. As a member of this forum, I am hoping to get help with issues regarding my Explorer as well as help others in need.
Back