Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Reading Text Messages with iOS 6.1.2

I played a little with system on my wife's 2013 EX (she has more issues than me). I went ahead and disconnect the phone and deleted the bluetooth setup in the phone. I then re-paired them and her system has been working better....including her texts now being read to her. I didn't have to...
  2. T

Both phones were/are showing notifications, still not working.....both of our phones would allow texts to be read through until MFT until we upgraded to iOS 6.1.2.....now they don't come through at all. Damn Apple.
  3. T

2013 Media Hub cable cutout

My Sport does have it, built mid january. My wife's 2013 XLT doesn't have it. Not sure of her build date as we bought hers off the lot.
  4. T

We recently updated to iOS 6.1.2 on our iPhone 5s. Since this update, MFT no longer will read incoming texts like it did before the update. We are experiencing this same issue on both of our 2013 Explorers. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? Guessing it was something with the update...
  5. T

APIM, extended warranty by ford

How doyou know if you need a new APIM?
  6. T

2013 Explorer Sport Ordered

It really depends....my sport came in 7 weeks with the holidays. I also ordered an Explorer for my business and it showed up in six weeks. There was an issue with the first one ordered (came in fwd and i had ordered 4wd due to dealer mistake). The reorder showed up 6 weeks later. That...
  7. T

My Sport thougts as I roll lots of miles

interesting.....I only have my iphone 5.0 interfaced via USB for music (it charges the phone too) and obviously the phone is hooked via Bluetooth for cell service. I haven't had really any hiccups. I haven't bothered to interface my ipod as I have all the music on my phone. Navigation has...
  8. T

My Sport thougts as I roll lots of miles

Scoind....what phone and other peripherals (if any) do you have interfaced to MFT and in what ways (Bluetooth, USB)? I think its helpful info for others when mentioning complaints
  9. T

Mine showed up a few days early....hoping all of yours come in soon!
  10. T

Love our 2013 Explorer! Wanted a Sport, but think we made right choice with Limited

Sharp looking Ex....will look good in my rearview mirror lol....kidding, well sort of lol anyways.....they are great vehicles...I have a 2013 Sport and love driving it.....my wife has an 2013 XLT with every option and she loves hers....having driven both of them.....the Sport engine is...
  11. T

About to buy a 2013 Sport Explorer and these forums scare me!

Checkit....This has been my experience so far.... I came to this forum among others as I researched vehicles. I have always done this. I buy a lot of Fords for my business (mostly Pickups and Transit Vans) but buying a vehicle for me is very different as I drive 35-40K miles a year and with...
  12. T

New 2013 LTD... can't connect to WI-FI

I have been able to connect to my home wifi without issue. I also was able to setup the personal "network" inside the vehicle that uses my cell phone....the kids have enjoyed that with their ipod touches.
  13. T

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I have the Husky liners for my 2013 Sport....the coverage is great and I like that it covers the pass through from the 2nd to 3rd rows. That being said, so far my experience is only in winter weather and I have a few "complaints"....1.) they are bit slippery for my kids (ages 7-10). I have...
  14. T

Window Sticker Site

It should show up a few days before the build week.
  15. T

iOS 6.1 out today

I listen to almost all my messages through the MFT system. I have found that if I leave the specific text "open" or "active"....it doesn't come through the system all the time. Also, if you are constantly checking your phone you may not give the system a chance to display it. I have found...
  16. T

Holy Jesus, just picked up my Sport

I second the love for the twin turbos.....the Sport is just so fun to drive!
  17. T

Thanks Explorer4thewife..... Hers is a 4WD XLT in the White Platinum Tri-Coat with 202A, Dual Moon Roof, Navi, Power Tailgate, Tow, and 20" wheels.... all the things that mattered to her. Those are now actually plates but rather the Ohio Temp plates. I agree about the changing the Blue...
  18. T

Here is my sport the day I picked her up (still waiting on the dealer installed accessories). My half and I's side by side. More pics will come once this weather breaks... Overall impressions are that we both love these things....:)
  19. T

What's better than a Ford Explorer?

I promise more pics if this weather ever breaks....nothing but snow and rain since we picked them up
  20. T

purchasing husky liners

Hi guys and gals, Just a quick review...I picked these over the factory all weather mats and the Weathertech mats as I have a Sport with dual buckets and the Husky mats were the only ones that covered the pass through. The fit is great and they hold in place and give additional coverage over...
  21. T

What's better than a Ford Explorer?

Try two Explorers now in the family. I picked up my Explorer Sport on Friday...and man do I love this vehicle. Well the Mrs. drove it Saturday and she fell in love with it. She came home and said I think you are gonna be mad at me. (I instantly thought she dinged it lol). She wanted one...
  22. T

MFT is My Ford Touch.....still hassle free....already have 500+ miles.....been a busy weekend.... I promise to get pics up when the weather cooperates.
  23. T

YAY my window sticker is now posted online!

Pete...go check your dealer.... My guess is that it may already be there. Mine had same build date/shipment. Mine was ready yesterday and I picked it up this morning (Friday). I am in Cleveland. You are gonna love it.
  24. T

Picked up my Sport today....absolutely love it. Put a quick 300 miles on it today. Love the turbo....it will be hard to ever go backwards engine wise. I hope to get some pictures tomorrow. If I can answer any questions let me know. PS. Zero hiccups with MFT and trust me I was hitting all...
Back