Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Push Bar for Explorer

Sorry but since I am not a certified Ford service technician; I hate to tell you the wrong thing which could totally screw up your electronics if you know what I mean. I am sure though that someone with some knowledge of how the electronics in the Ford Explorer is supposed to work; that they...
  2. E

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

Nice lookin vehicle MikeTheExplorer! We do sell alot of the ATS SL boards for the Ford Explorer and everyone of our customers totally love them. Good luck with your ride.
  3. E

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

JosERW: Here is a photo of the ATS SL Series of running boards. We sell an awful lot of these running boards for this vehicle. They are offered in either the with or without factory mud guards installed or not versions.
  4. E

Grease covering torque strap/mount

Wish you the best of luck Turkeyhead; and hopefully it will be a minor problem as it is hard to tell from the photo where it could possibly leaking from.
  5. E

Push Bar for Explorer

Sorry Shadow71; but unfortunately this is the same case as any type of grille guard or bull bar will interfere with any front end sensor. We do not know of any reputable grille guard or bull bar manufacturer who recommends this type of application for your vehicle.
  6. E

Grill overlay

Here are some photos of this chrome grille overlay that we carry: The special discounted price for all forum members is $155.00 plus shipping. Also beware of all of the many dirt cheap knockoffs of this item that you will find on eBay; many of which copy and use the same photo even...
  7. E

Grill overlay

joachimf: Yes there are chrome grille overlays available for the 2011-Up Ford Explorer. Contrary to what some other members on the forum may have you believe; the average person who owns the Ford Explorer still does not want to have the totally all black out look; but have at least some chrome...
  8. E

Husky Liners brand Mud Flaps

Nice lookin set of mud guards Bryceb! We have sold quite a few Husky mud guards over the many years with zero complaints. Good job!
  9. E

WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners

Hey Guys: FYI: You just might want to check out this blog post if you want to compare floor liners: http://www.ronusa.com/blog/floor-liners-aries-vs-weathertech-and-husky-which-one-is-better/
  10. E

Push Bar for Explorer

Shadow71: You will have to disconnect or totally relocate the ACC sensor if you wish to install any type of bullbar for your vehicle. Sorry but I wish that we had better news for you.
  11. E

Re: Trailer Hitches for the Ford Explorer; Are they easy to install or not?

We have had customers to contact us in the past inquiring about how easy a receiver hitch is to install on the Ford Explorer. So we made a blog post which also contains detailed installation instructions which shows that it is very easy to install. Here is the link to our blog post...
  12. E

Protecting Trailer from Stone Chips

SHOinSUV: We suggest that you seriously look into purchasing the "ROCK SOLID" or the "ULTRA GUARD" type of rubber mudguards that is superior to the Towtector; and is much cheaper in price. We sell quite a few of these since they are very easy to install and remove as well. Here is the link to...
  13. E

Need Advice for Aftermarket Gear

Hi Dave: We have found out that is a matter of personal taste when it comes to running boards and nerf bars; especially for the Ford Explorer. Most of our retail customers and Ford dealers prefer the much sleeker look of running boards made by ATS Design or Owens. For some reason they do not...
  14. E

Floor Liners; Aries VS. WeatherTech and Husky; Which one is better?

If you are needing a set of floor liners; here is an intriguing blog article in regards to this subject: http://www.ronusa.com/blog/floor-liners-aries-vs-weathertech-and-husky-which-one-is-better/
  15. E

Re: "THULE" Products; Group Pricing Available!

If you are looking for a bargain on any products made by "THULE" such as bike racks; roof racks; ski racks; cargo boxes and etc. then please contact us for special discount pricing that will be given to members of the Explorer Forum only. We are a factory authorized "THULE" dealer; so you will...
  16. E

WOW: This Ford Explorer got blinged!

Just got through adding some chrome stainless rocker panels; pillar posts, and window sills for a customer who said that he wanted to add some bling to his new Ford Explorer without spending alot of money. The customer said WOW! and we both agreed.
  17. E

Ford Explorer Cross Bars / Roof Rack

Your best bet is to purchase one made by Thule: http://www.thule.com/en-US/US They are by far the best and highest quality that you can get.
  18. E

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

GeoMimi89; Sorry to hear about the problem with your EGR ventvisors. You might try contacting EGR or your retailer since EGR products are guaranteed to fit your vehicle and come with a lifetime warranty. They do make quality products though.
  19. E

Thule ski rack and crossbars

Your Thule ski racks looks great! Hope that you have a White Christmas so that you can actually use your skis!
  20. E

Thanks for the update dragonexplorer12. I did not know that ventvisors were offered as a factory option on this vehicle. It is good to know now.
  21. E

Thanks for the reply dragonexplorer12. Please explain to me when you say that these are OEM ventvisors. When I think of OEM; I always think of that these ventvisors or any other part were actually made by Ford themselves and were offered as either standard or as an option from the factory...
  22. E

They sure do look sharp! dragonexplorer12
  23. E

Ford Explorer Chrome Rocker Panels: Installation Tip

If you are thinking about purchasing and installing a set of chrome stainless rocker panels and or pillar posts; we suggest that you use a product called "Prepsol" to properly clean and prep the surface before you apply these self adhesive rocker panels. Some of our customers have failed to...
  24. E

Grill overlay

Mike; they use the same exact manufacturing process on their line of chrome hubcaps. Several years ago I purchased a set for an older vehicle that I owned; and within 2-3 months huge bubbles started to appear; so I got them exchanged under warranty and the second set done the same exact thing...
  25. E

Grill overlay

FYI: This totally plastic grille overlay trim is made by Coast to Coast International. This item is actually made in China and has a extremely paper thin layer of chrome plating that has been glued to the plastic. We have had customers to complain about the chrome plating starting to have large...
Back