Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Looking for a small lift...

How is the ride and stability after installing the kit from ebay?
  2. H

I think I'm going to go with an aal kit and spacers in the front...I only have 3 leaf springs in the rear the way it sits now, so a 4th one should do me good.
  3. H

I cant seem to find leaf springs on that website, all I'm seeing is coil springs...
  4. H

My leaf springs are already getting flat, so i should probably go with the aal kit. is there any alternatives for some tougher springs in the rear, maybe a f150 or something that would fit? if something like that would work would it raise the rear enough to match a 2in spacer in the front?
  5. H

I found a kit on ebay for around $100 that has the spacers for the front and an add a leaf for the rear...would the add a leaf be better than shackles or is shackles the way to go? also which would be easier to install? I'm not wanting to do a body lift due the amount of towing I do.
  6. H

What would be the best way to go for a small lift. I have a 94 sport with 31x10.50's on it. The tires don't rub unless I flex the frame going off road. I'm just looking for enough lift to clear my tires, and the rear end is kinda sagging a bit. Is there any way to just swap out my leaf springs...
  7. H

Rough Idle when warmed up

Ok guys, with lots of help from everyone on this forum, and a huge help from RustySJohnson with injectors, I got the idle problem fixed! The injectors seemed to fix the rough idle when hot, but I had a rough idle on a cold start after the injectors were changed out. I think that was my own...
  8. H

9004 to 9007 headlight bulbs

Finished the swap, and even with crappy ebay bulbs i can see way more than with my 9004 silverstars. I did have to adjust my lights down a little, but it was well worth the swap.I still cant figure out how to post the pictures I took...
  9. H

I'll definitely post some pictures if i can figure out how to...I'm new to this forum and haven't figured it out yet.
  10. H

I read a thread on here the other day about converting your stock 9004 bulbs to the brighter 9007 bulbs. I got some really cheap bulbs off ebay to try it with to see if it would be worth an investment of some quality bulbs. I also bought a set of wiring adapters that switch the wires over for...
  11. H

Power door lock issues???

I'm having a problem out of my passenger side door lock and unlock button. For a while , it would work intermittently, then it started "losing power". It would struggle to lock or unlock either the drivers side or passenger side door. Now when i push the button nothing happens at all. If i use...
  12. H

What is this called?

Thank you guys so much! Just ordered it, and cant wait to fix the crooked hood!
  13. H

What is this called?

I was wondering what this piece is called and also where could I get one. Its the thing that your hood rests on when closed and I cant seem to find it on any website, but the truth is, I don't know the correct name for it lol. My Ex only had one on it when I bought it , and the hood sits just a...
  14. H

Today i hooked up a vacuum gauge just to be sure there were no leaks i could have missed. With a cold engine i was reading 18-18.5" and with a warmed up engine it was steady around 20"...I did notice that when it was cold and started it up, it was idling around 1600 rpms and would slowly drop as...
  15. H

would running some sort of injector cleaner through it help, or should I actually rebuild them?
  16. H

Tried the KOER test and go no results, also put a new TPS on it a month or so ago. about the only things a havent tried is a new egr valve a new distributor coil, and any of the o2 sensors, but it isnt throwing any codes at all.
  17. H

put a new fuel pump in it and the power is back, but the rough idle is still there.
  18. H

Changed both the ECT and IAT sensors and put in a new thermostat while i was at it... still got the rough idle...Could the fuel pump be causing the problem? even though it was recently replaced, I'm starting to think that its defective or something... I'm having "power surges" when going up...
  19. H

You guys think I should change my thermostat too since the thing is running cool, or would that just be the sensor making it read cool
  20. H

I'll give that a try maybe sunday or monday, I'm going hunting for the next couple days and wont really have time to work on the explorer. I ran the thing pretty hard today and noticed that the temp gauge never went past the o in normal and most of the time it was right below the n... also...
  21. H

just checked the codes after it warmed up and got two 111's...fuel pressure is reading around 37 psi when its warmed up
  22. H

just pulled the codes, i got a 116 and a 114 then the pause then a 111... checked the list from that link you sent and it said 116=Engine Coolant (ECT) sensor out of range and 114=IAT sensor out of range... is this because the vehicle was cold and had not been started, or are theses two sensors bad?
  23. H

i read the posts in the link you shared. seems really interesting, i have never noticed the CEL being on when the rough idle is happening... I'll check for codes int the morning, but doubt I'll find anything... Thanks for sharing the link!
  24. H

got the new IAC valve installed, and i still have the rough idle. I cant understand why it only happens when the car is warm and i let it sit 10 minutes or so before i start it back up. If i turn it off and start it right back up there is no problem at all, but if it sits for 10 minutes or so it...
  25. H

i should be getting a coupon from advance auto parts tomorrow, looks like i'll try to get a new IAC valve and see if it helps. I'll let you guys know something by wednesday.
Back