Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Transmission cooler line problem

So I'm putting a new transmission in my 05 explorer. I've got itit pretty much installed and when I went to connect the cooler lines I realized that the new tranny have bigger fittings than the tranny I removed. The female fittings on the new tranny are larger than the male fittings on the...
  2. H

Transfer case service?

No, none at all. The vehicle has 135k on it and I do use the 4x4 quite a bit.
  3. H

What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?

Removed my transmission and transfer case to replace the tranny.
  4. H

Transfer case service?

So I'm doing a transmission swap in my 05 XLT right now. Now that I have to old transmission out and the transfer case sitting on the floor, I started thinking that Maybe I should do a service on the transfer case while it's out. Is there anything in particular that I should do to it? I'm...
  5. H

Transmission won't shift out of park when cold

I followed the instructions as noted by this youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5D6m4h7fW4 of course I could have done it wrong. I have attempted to do it twice now. Do you think I should just pump another quart into it to see if that improves it?
  6. H

trouble shifting out of park after fluid change 5r55w tranny

I have a very similar issue with my tranny. I posted about it but got no responses. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412312 Hopefully someone will chime in.
  7. H

I should also mention that my explorer is not showing any codes either.
  8. H

Hey guys, So my 2005 4.0l Ex has about 130,000 on it. It started shifting a little harder a couple months ago so i figured I better get int here and change the filter and fluid. The day before I planned to do this work I had an issue that it wouldn't shift our of park into reverse or drive. I...
  9. H

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

One last before and after comparison picture. Top is before, bottom is after.
  10. H

I finished my install today. Disconnecting the the sway bar link was the key. With those disconnected it went together no problem (kind of embarrassed that I didn't figure that out on my own!). Ronin's idea of bolting the bottom first also seems like a good approach. Although you'll still...
  11. H

I failed to mention that I got a smaller size than most get. I didn't buy the UCA's like you did, so I didn't want to put my upper ball joints under too much stress. I got 1.75" fronts and 1.5" rear. So that had a lot to do with having to grind down the studs on the strut. I could have...
  12. H

After further research on this site. I found the following thread and I think what is causing my issue of re-installing the lower bolt on the strut is the fact that I didn't undo the sway bar link. Hopefully doing this will allow me to get that lower bolt in. Does anyone have experience doing...
  13. H

I got my spacers from Brandon. First I have to say that the craftsmanship of these spacers is top notch. Brandon is an amazing welder. Here's a pic: I really struggled getting them install last night. I didn't think about how hard it would be to re-install the large bolt on the...
  14. H

So a quick update to my last post. I ordered the spacers on the 3rd and Brandon emailed me last night (the 4th) to let me know that they he was already done and he was shipping them. He said that he ended up with a little extra time so he knocked them out really quick. I guess I got lucky! So...
  15. H

Show off your winter explorations

Hunting in November. Took 4 hours to get out of this
  16. H

I just ordered my spacers today! I found that Brandon was very responsive. I sent him an email via his website on Saturday. He got back to me first thing this morning. We went back and forth on a couple of questions I had and then he sent me a link to pay him via Paypal. Told me the lead time...
  17. H

Heater won't switch between Floor/Vents/Defrost

So my heater stopped switching between Floor/Vents/Defrost. No matter what setting I put the dial on, it always blows out the vents. The heater works good and blows hot, just can get it to switch to the floor or the defrost. Anybody else experience this? I'm not sure where to start...
  18. H

2005 4.0L SOHC is toast. Have you ever seen this?

So I got the new engine in and I'm proud to say that it started right up no problem! I was incredibly relieved! It drove nice and I was feeling really good about everything. This morning I went out and warmed it up to drive it to work today and when I went back out to take off I noticed it was...
  19. H

I made some good progress tonight. I got the old engine out of the explorer. I have the day off tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get the new engine in and running again.
  20. H

I had an NP435 in my '72 f100 and I'm sold on those transmissions. The granny gear is awesome! and they are bulletproof.
  21. H

This is sadly the best picture I have of my Bronco. It has been a work in progress for over a year now. I bought it from a guy who abandoned it in a field for a few years.
  22. H

Yes sir. It's a '75 bronco ranger. I am in the middle of doing an auto to manual tranny swap. I pulled the C4/dana 20 combo and I'm putting a NP435/NP205 combo in it. Unfortunately that has all been put on hold thanks to this explorer project!
  23. H

The harmonic balancer actually already fail on my explorer about a year ago. So it is fairly new. Though it makes me wonder......it failed while my wife was driving and I was out of town and out of cell phone service. She got it towed to the closest shop to where she was in Denver and...
  24. H

Finally got the new (used) motor. It's not too pretty. Looks like it may have lived most it's life near the coast, but no major damage that worries me. The junkyard left a bunch of parts on it that I didn't expect to receive. Intake, PS motor, fan, and a couple other small things. I...
Back