Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Questions About Wheel Spacers

Does anybody have the lip length size off the stock hub?
  2. A

Wiil that measure dictate the size of the lip?
  3. A

Hey ghatzi3, do you know the size of the lip in mm? I got ones without the lip like an idiot and i have to return them
  4. A

Update. If you get 1" wheel spacers, you will have to cut the studs. Pain in the butt, the 1.5 " bolt on, done and done.
  5. A

Replacing the rear wiper arm, upgrading it?

I will probably go with the one you saw, will update soon
  6. A

So, just short of me going and taking some measurements, are the stock front tires supposed to stick out further? It almost looks like the rear fenders are meant to handle a larger tire, which reminds me of how the mustangs are set up. I just bought a set of (4) 1" spacers. I think perhaps i...
  7. A

Replacing the rear wiper arm, upgrading it?

Does anyone have a good (and cheap) replacement arm recommendation for an 02 Explorer? Also, has anyone ever changed it to the more modern "uni-arm" one?
  8. A

heater not working

To my knowledge, there is a blend door and the blend actuator, which is a little motor that controls the door. From what i gathered from my research, everytime the explorer starts, this actuator would calibrate itself and open and shut the door each time there is a start. From this excessive...
  9. A

Tom's '97 XLT registry

great stuff here. i had a 2nd gen that i kinda miss now that ive seen this build! the trunk organizer stole the show though. nice.
  10. A

If you go to the 3rd gen pics sticky you will see what 1.5 " spacers look like. Im lookin to get 1" spacers all around myself. Any recos?
  11. A

pics of my new 265/70/16 A/T tires

Anybody selling a decent set of 1" spacers? Pm me
  12. A

anyone use those those headlight lens restorer kits? need opinions!

You can get an acrylic polish kit for an aquarium and it will work. It has about 5 different grits od sandpaper in it and will get out deep scratches. Otherwise the mcguires stuff works great
  13. A

Photos 3rd gen pic's

where can i get cheap 1" spacers? were they just bolt on's?
  14. A

Photos 3rd gen pic's

just an update, got these fogs off of ebay. from the late 90's, i think they were meant for broncos but i love them
  15. A

Of course, i am no mehcanic and i can only offer my own experience. I will add a note that pep- boys and bj tires would not not mount this tire size on my ride.
  16. A

Just a curious question.

Bolt ons
  17. A

How to tell if it is the blend door actuator or the blend door itself?

All things considered I will only use the 10 second fix. It's a little bit of a pain during the change in seasons but my 02 doesn't deserve that kind of investment in my opinion. I just use a piece of cardboard shoved into the blend door side area to catch the little "handle" on the flap to...
  18. A

Just a curious question.

I think running your high beams as daytime running lights would accomplish a number of things: Put uneccesary excess wear on your alternator Put unecessary wear on the high beams themselves, which really need to work when you need them. Someone on this forum should be able to confirm that...
  19. A

Foul Smell in Cabin From Vents / AC

Try hanging the water dryer bag that the boat guys use in their shrink wrapped boat cabins. I think 1 brand is called damp away bags. That will dry up any excess moisture and water in the system and the mildew smell should start to go away. Does anyone know if a 2002 X has a cabin filter? I...
  20. A

heater not working

Blend door problems are a bi$ch. I use a shortcut: Under the glove box on the left is a flap. It has a small tab and flips open like an old school ashtray. Feel around behind the vent control arm and you will find it. Flip it open and jam a piece of carbdboard against the tab to keep it open...
  21. A

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Perfect on the tints, gonna install them soon, should be interesting. Anyone here have an after dash trim kit installed? Im looking for the one that covers the entire radio console trim piece. Post pics!
  22. A

Well the 75 number in that tire size makes it too tall. A 265/70/16 is a wider, shorter tire. Thats why there would be rub on a 75. It's a ratio type number and it's tricky to understand if you ask my opinion. If memory serves, someone ran tires that size on this forum and locked up the tires...
  23. A

How close have you been to running out of gas?

My X can go for 20-30 miles after the light comes on. If you ever get stuck, pee or put 3 oz of water in the tank. The liquid should be enough to push the remaining fuel in the pump out and you should get a mile or 2. Emergency use only of course. Now thats what i call running on fumes!!!
Back