Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. grandfunk

Lane change blinker relay

I did a quick search here and didn't see anything, has anyone installed a lane change blinker relay in their 2nd gen? It would be a nice feature to have in the trusty explorer. Thanks!
  2. grandfunk

Upper Control Arm to Steering Knuckle Pinch Nut

Yeah, it's definitely not the stock bolt. I had my brother grab one for me at the junkyard out in California (there are none around me in New England because all the cars here get too rusty). I'll swing by the hardware store until the OEM bolt gets shipped out. Thanks for all the input!
  3. grandfunk

That makes sense why I can't find it. Thanks! Next time I'm in there I'll have to take a look. Times like these I wish I lived near a junkyard!
  4. grandfunk

Working on the Explorer and it seems someone placed the incorrect pinch bolt in the spindle at some point and it is slightly bent. I would like to replace it with the correct part. Does anyone know a part number or size of the bolt I can get? It's my only car so its currently back on, but I want...
  5. grandfunk

1998-2001 Mountaineer Inadequate Roof Rack Fix

This is awesome! I Just did this today
  6. grandfunk

Spencer's '00 XLT 4WD

Replaced the original shocks with some Rancho RS5000X. Sooooooo much better, should have done it long ago. Full Length Roof Rack: Got some rails and cross bars from the junkyard and cut to size. Used rivnuts to put on the roof just like the OEM rails. I love the look! And now I'll be able...
  7. grandfunk

2000 XLT 4WD shock replacement... Need opinions/advice

My front driver's shock is leaking and its time to replace. I want to go with the 5100 but am having trouble deciphering all my options. I did the torsion twist and rear shackles to get just under 2" of lift vs stock so I'm a bit leery of getting what all the websites' fit guides say to get...
  8. grandfunk

Spencer's '00 XLT 4WD

We're you ever able to see the pictures? Let me know if you want more info!
  9. grandfunk

Spencer's '00 XLT 4WD

HID lights. The difference is night and day. Before: Headlights, Before by grandfunk posted July 17, 2016 at 11:08 AM After: HID by grandfunk posted July 17, 2016 at 11:08 AM HID by grandfunk posted July 17, 2016 at 11:08 AM
  10. grandfunk

1st gen Expedition roof rack

I've been wanting to do this for so long and I finally started making moves to do it! So glad you posted this! I went to the junkyard last week and picked up another set of explorer rails with the thought of minimizing the amount of new holes I would have to make in the roof. My plan is to...
  11. grandfunk

New to the area

Hey all, new to the northwest here. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for shops in the greater Seattle area; looking for: - General mechanic, just in case. - 4x4 parts and experts - Custom fabrication - looking to price out some bumpers ...and any other useful information...
  12. grandfunk

Miscellaneous wires under dash

Did a little digging...its all part of the anti theft system... On another note where is my parking brake wire? Is it supposed to connect to the spring here in the picture? Couldn't find any other loose wires, is there a part number for this wire? I couldn't find anything after searching...
  13. grandfunk

So is there supposed to be a wire connected to the plunger at the parking brake?
  14. grandfunk

Hey guys, I was just looking under my dash for the first time in a while (parking brake light isnt working) and found a couple weird things I never noticed. They are circled in red in the pic. The first is the brown wire going nowhere, the plug looks broken off or something with a spring in...
  15. grandfunk

Broken tailgate window hinges- help!

Just replaced my hinges this weekend. Broke down and bought new one's, and had to drill out the holes in the frame and get the new nuts to go with it since they made the bolt's bigger after the 2000 model I think. I figure after 14 years it's time to just get new ones.
  16. grandfunk

Mystery Shudder

I have the same issue (2000 xlt 4wd though). Buuuuuut, not sure what it is either. Usually more sever when engine is cold. When it happens I put it in neutral for a few seconds and it usually stops. I've decided to live with it for now.
  17. grandfunk

Plasti Dipped my rims

Thinking of doing this. Did you do it with the wheels and tires still on the Mounty? How much paint did you go through?
  18. grandfunk

CV Axle Replacement How To (Pictures)

Noticed my front drivers side CV boot had a small puncture a month ago (2000 XLT) and just took out a CV axle assembly out of a 95 XLT at the Pick N Pull for $40. Cleaned it up and it seems in good condition. My question is, should I just pay for a refurbished one or should the used one be ok...
  19. grandfunk

Hidden Sub Box in 03 Sport

I ended up putting the box and the amp in the passenger side rear panel and it fit nice. I put some rubber between the frame and amp to help with vibrations. Works well and its clean and out of the way.
  20. grandfunk

Spencer's '00 XLT 4WD

Got the sound system installed. Pioneer DEH-X8500BH Head Unit 10" Kenwood XR-W10F sub JL Audio XD600/1 600W amp Q-Logic box (took a little modifying to fit the sub) Infinity speakes (not sure what kind, got them a while ago) Not a crazy audiophile but stock wasn't cutting it and this is way...
  21. grandfunk

Spencer's '00 XLT 4WD

Throttle body cleaning. This is what it was like with 105,000 miles on it. Much better now!
  22. grandfunk

Spencer's '00 XLT 4WD

Here it is. I've had it for a while but now I'm starting to work on it. 2000 XLT 4WD in Oakland, CA
  23. grandfunk

Hidden Sub Box in 03 Sport

I have something smiilar, where are you going to put your amps? I had my sub amp under the passenger seat but now I have a power passenger seat and I'm pretty sure it wont fit there now. Any ideas? I really dont want to put it where it will get ruined by all my camping gear I put in the back.
Back